Mary Elizabeth Winstead is set to star in The Cellar, the JJ Abrams-produced pic from Bad Robot and Paramount Insurge about woman who wakes up underground after a terrible car accident and fears she’s been abducted. Her captor, a doomsday prepper, warns her that a terrible chemical attack has left the outside world uninhabitable but as tensions rise she decides she must escape regardless of the terrors that await outside. Dan Trachtenberg (Portal: No Escape) is helming from a script titled Valencia by Josh Campbell and Matthew Stuecken that was rewritten by Dan Casey. John Goodman was also tapped to star last month. Abrams, Jon Cohen, and Lindsey Weber are producers. Winstead next appears in The Returned and Kill The Messenger. She’s repped by WME, Anonymous Content, and Jackoway Tyerman.
Mary Elizabeth Winstead Set For Bad Robot & Paramount Insurge’s ‘The Cellar’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Netflix Boss Ted Sarandos Talks Ratings, New Original Programming Spending Increase & 'Stranger Things' Renewal - TCA
Latest Film News
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’
- ‘The Life And Death Of John Gotti’ Cast Locked
- Ben Foster Rounds Out Scott Cooper’s ‘Hostiles’ Cast As Shooting Starts