Mary Elizabeth Winstead is set to star in The Cellar, the JJ Abrams-produced pic from Bad Robot and Paramount Insurge about woman who wakes up underground after a terrible car accident and fears she’s been abducted. Her captor, a doomsday prepper, warns her that a terrible chemical attack has left the outside world uninhabitable but as tensions rise she decides she must escape regardless of the terrors that await outside. Dan Trachtenberg (Portal: No Escape) is helming from a script titled Valencia by Josh Campbell and Matthew Stuecken that was rewritten by Dan Casey. John Goodman was also tapped to star last month. Abrams, Jon Cohen, and Lindsey Weber are producers. Winstead next appears in The Returned and Kill The Messenger. She’s repped by WME, Anonymous Content, and Jackoway Tyerman.
Mary Elizabeth Winstead Set For Bad Robot & Paramount Insurge’s ‘The Cellar’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Yamato
- Aaron Sorkin Still In Bed With John Edwards Exposé 'The Politician'
- Al Sharpton Meets With Amy Pascal: Will Work To Address Hollywood's “Cultural Blindness”
- 'American Sniper' Trailer: Bradley Cooper At His Best?
- Jim Carrey, 'Dumb And Dumber To' Producers Eye Reteam On 'Deep Cover'
- 'The Interview' Yanked By Regal, AMC & Other Major Chains
- Through a Lens Darkly