Mary Elizabeth Winstead is set to star in The Cellar, the JJ Abrams-produced pic from Bad Robot and Paramount Insurge about woman who wakes up underground after a terrible car accident and fears she’s been abducted. Her captor, a doomsday prepper, warns her that a terrible chemical attack has left the outside world uninhabitable but as tensions rise she decides she must escape regardless of the terrors that await outside. Dan Trachtenberg (Portal: No Escape) is helming from a script titled Valencia by Josh Campbell and Matthew Stuecken that was rewritten by Dan Casey. John Goodman was also tapped to star last month. Abrams, Jon Cohen, and Lindsey Weber are producers. Winstead next appears in The Returned and Kill The Messenger. She’s repped by WME, Anonymous Content, and Jackoway Tyerman.
Mary Elizabeth Winstead Set For Bad Robot & Paramount Insurge’s ‘The Cellar’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Smuggled $120K & Faces 2.5 Years In Jail After $5M Fraud Case Guilty Plea
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Comedy Perfect Storm: 'The Big Bang Theory' & 'Modern Family' Casts Gear Up For Contract Negotiations
Latest Film News
- ‘Clifford The Big Red Dog’ Movie Unleashed At Paramount With Scribe Justin Malen
- ‘Wreck-It Ralph’ Sequel In The Works For 2018 At Disney
- ‘Why Him?’ Redband Trailer: Dad Bryan Cranston Vs. Interloper James Franco
- Cinemark Wants Colorado Theater Shooting Victims To Pay $700K In Fees
- Chaotic Good Studios Launches Franchise Lab With Industry Advisory Board; Will Give Writers Ownership In Their Work
- David Byrne Docu ‘Contemporary Color’ Acquired By Oscilloscope