Mary Elizabeth Winstead is set to star in The Cellar, the JJ Abrams-produced pic from Bad Robot and Paramount Insurge about woman who wakes up underground after a terrible car accident and fears she’s been abducted. Her captor, a doomsday prepper, warns her that a terrible chemical attack has left the outside world uninhabitable but as tensions rise she decides she must escape regardless of the terrors that await outside. Dan Trachtenberg (Portal: No Escape) is helming from a script titled Valencia by Josh Campbell and Matthew Stuecken that was rewritten by Dan Casey. John Goodman was also tapped to star last month. Abrams, Jon Cohen, and Lindsey Weber are producers. Winstead next appears in The Returned and Kill The Messenger. She’s repped by WME, Anonymous Content, and Jackoway Tyerman.
Mary Elizabeth Winstead Set For Bad Robot & Paramount Insurge’s ‘The Cellar’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Gets Going With $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency