Mary Elizabeth Winstead is set to star in The Cellar, the JJ Abrams-produced pic from Bad Robot and Paramount Insurge about woman who wakes up underground after a terrible car accident and fears she’s been abducted. Her captor, a doomsday prepper, warns her that a terrible chemical attack has left the outside world uninhabitable but as tensions rise she decides she must escape regardless of the terrors that await outside. Dan Trachtenberg (Portal: No Escape) is helming from a script titled Valencia by Josh Campbell and Matthew Stuecken that was rewritten by Dan Casey. John Goodman was also tapped to star last month. Abrams, Jon Cohen, and Lindsey Weber are producers. Winstead next appears in The Returned and Kill The Messenger. She’s repped by WME, Anonymous Content, and Jackoway Tyerman.
Mary Elizabeth Winstead Set For Bad Robot & Paramount Insurge’s ‘The Cellar’
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars To Mid-$30M After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx,' $1.2M, 'Founder,' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday - UPDATE
Hollywood Reacts To Trump Inauguration: "Country Is Lost", Tweets Alec Baldwin; Scott Baio Proud To Be "Deplorable"
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
Latest Film News
- ‘Band Aid’ Sundance Clip: Zoe Lister-Jones & Adam Pally Turn A Couple’s Grief Into Song
- ‘Bushwick’ Clip: Dave Bautista Fights To Survive Civil War In Sundance Thriller
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil Tackle Best Actress Race
- Sundance: Park City Will Be “Under Siege” For Women’s March With Huge Crowd Expected
- Slamdance Docu ‘Supergirl’ Sells To FilmRise
- Alexandra Shipp Negotiating For Lead Role In Fox 2000’s ‘Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda’