The woman who lived through Leatherface has died. Marilyn Burns was 65. A family member found the actress in her home near Houston today; no cause of death was reported. She made her big-screen starring debut in Tobe Hooper’s 1974 horror classic The Texas Chain Saw Massacre as Sally Hardesty, who somehow remains standing as everyone around her is picked off in particularly brutal ways. Burns followed that with a role as Manson Family member Linda Kasabian in the 1976 CBS miniseries Helter Skelter. The Erie, PA, native reteamed with Hooper the following year for Eaten Alive and appeared in a pair of 1980s films: Kiss Daddy Goodbye opposite one-time teen singing idol Fabian and Future-Kill. Burns had a cameo in 1994’s Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation.
R.I.P. ‘Texas Chain Saw Massacre’ Star Marilyn Burns
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Emma Thompson Slings Meat Pies As 'Sweeney Todd' Launches Commercial Partnership With English National Opera
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run