The woman who lived through Leatherface has died. Marilyn Burns was 65. A family member found the actress in her home near Houston today; no cause of death was reported. She made her big-screen starring debut in Tobe Hooper’s 1974 horror classic The Texas Chain Saw Massacre as Sally Hardesty, who somehow remains standing as everyone around her is picked off in particularly brutal ways. Burns followed that with a role as Manson Family member Linda Kasabian in the 1976 CBS miniseries Helter Skelter. The Erie, PA, native reteamed with Hooper the following year for Eaten Alive and appeared in a pair of 1980s films: Kiss Daddy Goodbye opposite one-time teen singing idol Fabian and Future-Kill. Burns had a cameo in 1994’s Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation.
R.I.P. ‘Texas Chain Saw Massacre’ Star Marilyn Burns
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…