This morning Primetime Emmy Awards executive producer Don Mischer announced 13 presenters for the upcoming 66th telecast on Monday August 25, and from the bevy of film talent scheduled to appear onstage, one would think it’s a kudo ceremony for cinema. However, it’s just a further indication of how television continues to be in the midst of its second golden age, attracting such marquee names as Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson (both facing off in the drama lead actor category for their work on HBO’s True Detective), Julia Roberts (movie/miniseries supporting actress nominee for The Normal Heart) and Halle Berry (Emmy winner movie/miniseries actress for 2000’s Introducing Dorothy Dandridge). From the music world, there’s Voice hosts Gwen Stefani and Maroon 5 lead singer Adam Levine presenting. This year’s drama acting nominees Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), Julianna Margulies (The Good Wife) and Kerry Washington (Scandal) are also on deck. And from the comedy sphere, there’s Zooey Deschanel (New Girl), Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep), Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) and Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) who will also be handing out trophies.
EMMYS: Gwen Stefani, Julia Roberts, Bryan Cranston Among Primetime Presenters
Oscar Watch 2017Best Picture Predictions by 27 Experts1La La Land9/22Moonlight13/23Manchester by the Sea7/14Fences11/15Lion11/1
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Awardsline News
- French Women’s Groups To Protest César Awards Over Roman Polanski Presidency
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: The Lull Before The Oscar Storm; Katzenberg Gets Nostalgic; Gosling Wows SAG Again…
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil Tackle Best Actress Race
- ‘La La Land’ & ‘Hidden Figures’ Among Artios Award Winners
- What’s Your Gut: Are The Oscars Headed For A “Hollywood Ending”?
- Susannah Grant To Receive WGA West’s Paul Selvin Award For ‘Confirmation’ Script