This morning Primetime Emmy Awards executive producer Don Mischer announced 13 presenters for the upcoming 66th telecast on Monday August 25, and from the bevy of film talent scheduled to appear onstage, one would think it’s a kudo ceremony for cinema. However, it’s just a further indication of how television continues to be in the midst of its second golden age, attracting such marquee names as Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson (both facing off in the drama lead actor category for their work on HBO’s True Detective), Julia Roberts (movie/miniseries supporting actress nominee for The Normal Heart) and Halle Berry (Emmy winner movie/miniseries actress for 2000’s Introducing Dorothy Dandridge). From the music world, there’s Voice hosts Gwen Stefani and Maroon 5 lead singer Adam Levine presenting. This year’s drama acting nominees Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), Julianna Margulies (The Good Wife) and Kerry Washington (Scandal) are also on deck. And from the comedy sphere, there’s Zooey Deschanel (New Girl), Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep), Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) and Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) who will also be handing out trophies.
EMMYS: Gwen Stefani, Julia Roberts, Bryan Cranston Among Primetime Presenters
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From D’Alessandro
- MIPCOM: Kiss' Gene Simmons & Sierra/Engine To Fire Up 'Coliseum'
- VH1 Renews 'Dating Naked' For Second Season
- Behind The Scenes At Deadline's Awardsline TIFF 2014 Studio: Channing Tatum, Mark Ruffalo, Salma Hayek & More
- Ben McKenzie Injured On Set Of 'Gotham', Will Return To Work Monday
- TIFF 2014 In Pictures: Jennifer Aniston, James Franco & More Visit Deadline's Awardsline Studio