He’s a 23-year-old blind jazz piano prodigy. He’s an 89-year-old legend who has trained or mentored such greats as Miles Davis and Quincy Jones. Keep On Keepin’ On is the story of the unlikely transgenerational bond they form and the challenges each faces as the cameras roll. Justin Kauflin has fingers of fire but crippling stage fright, and if he’s going to do well in an international competition, he’s going to need all the help he can get from Clark Terry — who played in Count Basie’s and Duke Ellington’s bands. The documentary from rookie director Al Hicks won the Audience Award at Tribeca, where Radius-TWC acquired it for worldwide distribution and a potential remake. The pic opens September 19 in LA and October 3 in NYC.
Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu ‘Keep On Keepin’ On’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Latest Film News
- 'Roman J. Israel, Esq.' Bows OK; 'Three Billboards' & 'Lady Bird' Extend Robust Runs – Specialty Box Office
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $738M Global – International…
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened – Sunday…
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’