WME has signed The Killing‘s Joel Kinnaman, the agency said in a wide announcement. The Stockholm-bred thesp crossed over stateside as the street-tough Detective Holder on AMC’s cop show and starred in MGM and Sony’s RoboCop reboot earlier this year. The Killing was revived for a fourth season on Netflix this month. Kinnaman, previously with CAA, stars opposite Liam Neeson in WB’s 2015 crime actioner Run All Night and has Summit/Lionsgate’s Child 44 with Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman, and Noomi Rapace opening in April. The fast-ascending actor first broke out in his native Sweden thanks to roles in the Johan Falk film series and Daniel Espinosa’s Snabba Cash (Easy Money) trilogy. He also appeared in Espinosa’s English-language crime pic Safe House, Lola Versus, and David Fincher’s The Girl With THe Dragon Tattoo. Kinnaman continues to be repped by manager Shelley Browning at Magnolia and attorney Hansen Jacobson.
WME Signs Joel Kinnaman
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Simon Helberg's 'We'll Never Have Paris' Acquired By Orion Releasing
- Fantastic Fest: Dark Sky Acquires Irish Horror 'Let Us Prey'
- Aaron Paul Joins 'The 9th Life Of Louis Drax'
- Marcia Gay Harden Signs With ICM Partners
- UPDATE: Michelle Yeoh, Others Join Cinemax's 'Strike Back' For Fourth & Final Season
- Fantastic Fest: Drafthouse & FilmBuff Acquire Sci-Fi Horror Romance 'Spring'