WME has signed The Killing‘s Joel Kinnaman, the agency said in a wide announcement. The Stockholm-bred thesp crossed over stateside as the street-tough Detective Holder on AMC’s cop show and starred in MGM and Sony’s RoboCop reboot earlier this year. The Killing was revived for a fourth season on Netflix this month. Kinnaman, previously with CAA, stars opposite Liam Neeson in WB’s 2015 crime actioner Run All Night and has Summit/Lionsgate’s Child 44 with Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman, and Noomi Rapace opening in April. The fast-ascending actor first broke out in his native Sweden thanks to roles in the Johan Falk film series and Daniel Espinosa’s Snabba Cash (Easy Money) trilogy. He also appeared in Espinosa’s English-language crime pic Safe House, Lola Versus, and David Fincher’s The Girl With THe Dragon Tattoo. Kinnaman continues to be repped by manager Shelley Browning at Magnolia and attorney Hansen Jacobson.
WME Signs Joel Kinnaman
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Yamato
- 'Zeroville' Adds Seth Rogen, Megan Fox & More; Brad Carter Lands 'The Revenant;' Noah Segan Enlists In 'War Pigs'
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Trailer Smashes Viewing Record; More Footage Coming
- Dark Sky Dips Into Postapocalyptic Thriller 'The Well'
- 'Banshee Chapter' First Virtual Reality Film To Hit Oculus Rift
- 'Insidious: Chapter 3′ Scares Up First Teaser – Video
- Kiernan Shipka, Meg Ryan Board Teen Comedy 'Fan Girl'