James Belushi (According To Jim), Terry Kinney (Oz), and Michael Stahl-David (Cloverfield) have been cast opposite Oscar Isaac and Catherine Keener in HBO’s six-hour miniseries Show Me A Hero from The Wire co-creator David Simon. Based on the nonfiction book by Lisa Belkin, it tells the story of Nick Wasicsko (Isaac), the youngest big-city mayor in the nation who finds himself thrust into the center of a racial controversy when a federal court orders him to build a small number of low-income housing units in the white neighborhoods of his town, Yonkers, N.Y.. His attempt to do so tears the city apart, paralyzes the municipal government and, ultimately, destroys his political future. Belushi will play six-term Yonkers Mayor Angelo R. Martinelli, who argued to comply with the judge’s order and lost his seat as a result. Kinney, repped by ICM Partners and Brookside Artist Management, will play Peter Smith, the Yonkers Housing Authority’s director who waded through the political and bureaucratic morass to ensure that the public housing was built. Stahl-David, repped by ICM Partners and Management 360, will play James Surdoval, the political consultant who helped guide young Nick Wasicsko’s political career. Belushi, repped by ICM Partners and Brillstein, co-stars in The Whole Truth, The Man on Carrion Road, A Change of Heart and North of Hell.
James Belushi, Terry Kinney & Michael Stahl-David Join HBO’s ‘Show Me A Hero’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- 'Feud: Bette and Joan' Finale: EP Tim Minear Avoided A "Petty Bitchfest"
- ‘Genius’ Stars Geoffrey Rush & Johnny Flynn On Their Shared Task Of Humanizing Albert Einstein…
- BAFTA TV Craft Award Winners Include ‘The Crown’, ‘The Night Manager’, ‘National Treasure’…
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Star Yvonne Strahovski: “Women's Rights Are Human Rights”…
- Erin Moran: “We Did Our Best”, Says Child Actor Advocate Paul Petersen
- Ex-Fox Anchor Alisyn Camerota Says Roger Ailes Sexually Harassed Her