James Belushi (According To Jim), Terry Kinney (Oz), and Michael Stahl-David (Cloverfield) have been cast opposite Oscar Isaac and Catherine Keener in HBO’s six-hour miniseries Show Me A Hero from The Wire co-creator David Simon. Based on the nonfiction book by Lisa Belkin, it tells the story of Nick Wasicsko (Isaac), the youngest big-city mayor in the nation who finds himself thrust into the center of a racial controversy when a federal court orders him to build a small number of low-income housing units in the white neighborhoods of his town, Yonkers, N.Y.. His attempt to do so tears the city apart, paralyzes the municipal government and, ultimately, destroys his political future. Belushi will play six-term Yonkers Mayor Angelo R. Martinelli, who argued to comply with the judge’s order and lost his seat as a result. Kinney, repped by ICM Partners and Brookside Artist Management, will play Peter Smith, the Yonkers Housing Authority’s director who waded through the political and bureaucratic morass to ensure that the public housing was built. Stahl-David, repped by ICM Partners and Management 360, will play James Surdoval, the political consultant who helped guide young Nick Wasicsko’s political career. Belushi, repped by ICM Partners and Brillstein, co-stars in The Whole Truth, The Man on Carrion Road, A Change of Heart and North of Hell.
James Belushi, Terry Kinney & Michael Stahl-David Join HBO’s ‘Show Me A Hero’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'