Here’s the first seven minutes of the upcoming Disney XD animated series Star Wars Rebels, which was sneaked tonight after the premiere of Phineas And Ferb: Star Wars. Rebels was the only shard of the Star Wars franchise at Comic-Con this year, and in terms of its timeline in the franchise, its frosh characters won’t be crossing over to the Episode VII feature film. The cartoon series, which includes Star Wars: The Clone Wars executive producer Dave Filoni and X-Men: Days Of Future Past scribe and producer Simon Kinberg behind the scenes, is set five years prior to the original 1977 Star Wars. The Jedi are left hiding, the dark side is dominating the scene, and the Rebel alliance as we know it from Episodes IV-VI hasn’t formed yet. Don’t mistake Rebels as being just for kids: Its camera shots, first-person POV chase sequences and landscape planet vistas would make any future Star Wars feature sublime. Let’s hope that J.J. Abrams and Rian Johnson are taking notes. In this clip, we’re introduced to con artist Ezra (Taylor Gray), who steals a speeder bike from the Empire, only to be cut off by Jedi Kanan (Freddie Prinze Jr.). Star Wars Rebels debuts with a one-hour episode on Disney Channel in October before moving to XD.
Hot TV Clip: Disney XD Toon ‘Rebels’ Rivals Cinematic Look Of ‘Star Wars’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Smuggled $120K & Faces 2.5 Years In Jail After $5M Fraud Case Guilty Plea
'Dory' Eats $300M+ & Will Gobble Up 'BFG', 'Tarzan' & 'Purge' Over Independence Day - Box Office Preview
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- Dissidents Vow To Take Actors Equity To Court Over Fate Of Small Theatre In LA
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton & Hayden Panettiere Set To Return For Season 5 On CMT
- Starz And Lionsgate Shares Soar On Report Of “Advanced Talks”
- Art Directors Guild Election: Chuck Parker Upsets 18-year Incumbent Scott Roth
- ‘Queen Of The South’ Composers Giorgio Moroder & Raney Shockne On Collaboration, Moroder’s Legacy & ‘Scarface…
- ‘The Night Of’ Review: HBO Miniseries Delivers The Procedural Goods