Here’s the first seven minutes of the upcoming Disney XD animated series Star Wars Rebels, which was sneaked tonight after the premiere of Phineas And Ferb: Star Wars. Rebels was the only shard of the Star Wars franchise at Comic-Con this year, and in terms of its timeline in the franchise, its frosh characters won’t be crossing over to the Episode VII feature film. The cartoon series, which includes Star Wars: The Clone Wars executive producer Dave Filoni and X-Men: Days Of Future Past scribe and producer Simon Kinberg behind the scenes, is set five years prior to the original 1977 Star Wars. The Jedi are left hiding, the dark side is dominating the scene, and the Rebel alliance as we know it from Episodes IV-VI hasn’t formed yet. Don’t mistake Rebels as being just for kids: Its camera shots, first-person POV chase sequences and landscape planet vistas would make any future Star Wars feature sublime. Let’s hope that J.J. Abrams and Rian Johnson are taking notes. In this clip, we’re introduced to con artist Ezra (Taylor Gray), who steals a speeder bike from the Empire, only to be cut off by Jedi Kanan (Freddie Prinze Jr.). Star Wars Rebels debuts with a one-hour episode on Disney Channel in October before moving to XD.
Hot TV Clip: Disney XD Toon ‘Rebels’ Rivals Cinematic Look Of ‘Star Wars’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
Latest TV News
- ‘History Of Them’: Lisa Vidal, Felix Solis & Amit Shah Join Cast As Multi-Cultural Comedy Gets Formal Pilot Order…
- CBS Orders Drama Pilot ‘Murder’, Comedy ‘I Mom So Hard’ From Warner Bros. TV
- ‘The Alienist’ Review: Nothing Alienating About TNT’s Deft 19th Century Drama
- NBC Orders ‘The Enemy Within’ Drama Pilot From Ken Woodruff & Vernon Sanders
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter
- Judge Judy & CBS Sued Again Over Profits For Syndication’s Biggest Court Show