EXCLUSIVE: Heretic Films announced today it will present Eating Animals, the documentary based on Jonathan Safran Foer‘s bestselling book that Natalie Portman is producing for her Handsome Charlie Films alongside Foer and director Christopher Dillon Quinn (God Grew Tired Of Us). Film examines our dietary choices and the food we put in our bodies, including the factory farms and fisheries that grub comes from. Heretic’s Burton Ritchie will exec produce and Ben Galecki will serve as associate producer. Biz Stone and Evan Williams are also executive producers on the film. “With what we eat and where it comes from a topic of national conversation, we’re proud to be part of the team bringing this important subject to the fore,” said Ritchie. The 2009 book was the first nonfiction title from author Foer, whose novels Everything Is Illuminated and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close were also adapted into feature films. Other recent titles from production and finance company Heretic include Kevin Pollak-directed docu Misery Loves Company, Kristen Wiig starrer Welcome To Me, and Sundance award-winner Low Down.
Heretic Boards Jonathan Safran Foer Docu ‘Eating Animals’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
More From Yamato
- Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: “We Had No Choice,” Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
- Aaron Sorkin Still In Bed With John Edwards Exposé 'The Politician'
- Al Sharpton Meets With Amy Pascal: Will Work To Address Hollywood's “Cultural Blindness”
- 'American Sniper' Trailer: Bradley Cooper At His Best?
- Jim Carrey, 'Dumb And Dumber To' Producers Eye Reteam On 'Deep Cover'