EXCLUSIVE: Heretic Films announced today it will present Eating Animals, the documentary based on Jonathan Safran Foer‘s bestselling book that Natalie Portman is producing for her Handsome Charlie Films alongside Foer and director Christopher Dillon Quinn (God Grew Tired Of Us). Film examines our dietary choices and the food we put in our bodies, including the factory farms and fisheries that grub comes from. Heretic’s Burton Ritchie will exec produce and Ben Galecki will serve as associate producer. Biz Stone and Evan Williams are also executive producers on the film. “With what we eat and where it comes from a topic of national conversation, we’re proud to be part of the team bringing this important subject to the fore,” said Ritchie. The 2009 book was the first nonfiction title from author Foer, whose novels Everything Is Illuminated and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close were also adapted into feature films. Other recent titles from production and finance company Heretic include Kevin Pollak-directed docu Misery Loves Company, Kristen Wiig starrer Welcome To Me, and Sundance award-winner Low Down.
Heretic Boards Jonathan Safran Foer Docu ‘Eating Animals’
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah Fracas "Much Ado About Nothing," Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting 451-Year-Old Playwright
Latest Film News
- Exit Hugh Jackman, Enter Josephine Baker: Cush Jumbo’s Changing Times
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’