EXCLUSIVE: Heretic Films announced today it will present Eating Animals, the documentary based on Jonathan Safran Foer‘s bestselling book that Natalie Portman is producing for her Handsome Charlie Films alongside Foer and director Christopher Dillon Quinn (God Grew Tired Of Us). Film examines our dietary choices and the food we put in our bodies, including the factory farms and fisheries that grub comes from. Heretic’s Burton Ritchie will exec produce and Ben Galecki will serve as associate producer. Biz Stone and Evan Williams are also executive producers on the film. “With what we eat and where it comes from a topic of national conversation, we’re proud to be part of the team bringing this important subject to the fore,” said Ritchie. The 2009 book was the first nonfiction title from author Foer, whose novels Everything Is Illuminated and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close were also adapted into feature films. Other recent titles from production and finance company Heretic include Kevin Pollak-directed docu Misery Loves Company, Kristen Wiig starrer Welcome To Me, and Sundance award-winner Low Down.
Heretic Boards Jonathan Safran Foer Docu ‘Eating Animals’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Yamato
- Michael Ealy To Star In 'A Civil Right' For Revolution Media
- Aussie Diesel Schwarze Plots 'Ziggy' With Dane DeHaan And Rooney Mara
- MGM Quietly Revives Orion Pictures
- Pantelion's 'Cantinflas' Tapped As Mexico's Foreign-Language Oscar Submission
- Elizabeth Olsen Joins Tom Hiddleston In Hank Williams Biopic 'I Saw The Light'
- Hot Trailer: Netflix's 3D Printing Docu 'Print The Legend'