Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy surpassed the worldwide box office milestone yesterday, Disney says. The latest Marvel franchise-launcher has grossed $255.2M domestically and $245.3M overseas — with key markets like Germany, Japan and China still to come. The summer’s top-grossing U.S. release opened August 1 with a record $94.3M bow and reclaimed the top spot this past weekend.
‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Crosses $500M In Global B.O.
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Lionsgate Plans 17 Films For 2017, Says 'Star Wars' Grabbed $50M-$100M From 'Mockingjay 2'; Stock Falls 27%
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Pummeling ‘Caesar’, ‘Zombies’ & ‘The Choice’ At Weekend B.O.…
- Pics With Jason Sudeikis & Rebecca Hall, Ethan Hawke & Emma Watson Battle Horror Fare – Specialty Preview
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
- Box Office Plays Defense Against Super Bowl With Younger-Skewing Fare: Preview
- Confirmed – Jimmy Buffett’s Broadway-Bound ‘Margaritaville’ Musical Sets La Jolla Tryout
- Emigre Artists Are Rewarded – To The Tune of $250K – By Vilcek Foundation