Mark another monster date on the long-range blockbuster calendar: Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures have set their kaiju sequel Godzilla 2 for release on June 8, 2018. Gareth Edwards, who directed Godzilla to a huge $103M international opening in May, will direct the follow-up after he finishes helming his 2016 Star Wars picture for Disney. Legendary revealed at Comic-Con that familiar Gojira foes Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah will appear in the sequel. So far the 2018 date is Godzilla 2‘s to rule, although that year has no less than seven superhero movies on the docket with at least two Marvel pics, a Fox superhero flick, and a WB-DC comic book movie making for a packed summer schedule.
‘Godzilla 2’ To Roar Into Theaters In Summer 2018
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Sharp Objects' Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel
Latest Film News
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2018 – Part 2: John Legend, Jeffrey Wright, Alia Shawkat, Jay Ellis & More
- Andrea Nevins Documents Moment Of Barbie’s Transformation With ‘Tiny Shoulders’ — Tribeca Studio
- ‘Rampage’ Rounds $216M Overseas; ‘A Quiet Place’ Cranks WW Volume To $207M – International…
- ‘The Caretaker’ Filmmakers Launch VR Company Hidden Content At Tribeca
- Sarasota Film Festival Caps 20th Anniversary Edition With Jury Prizes For ‘I Am Not A Witch’ And ‘Minding The Gap…
- British Politicians Urge Inclusion Riders To Be Introduced To Secure Film & High-End TV Tax Relief