Mark another monster date on the long-range blockbuster calendar: Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures have set their kaiju sequel Godzilla 2 for release on June 8, 2018. Gareth Edwards, who directed Godzilla to a huge $103M international opening in May, will direct the follow-up after he finishes helming his 2016 Star Wars picture for Disney. Legendary revealed at Comic-Con that familiar Gojira foes Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah will appear in the sequel. So far the 2018 date is Godzilla 2‘s to rule, although that year has no less than seven superhero movies on the docket with at least two Marvel pics, a Fox superhero flick, and a WB-DC comic book movie making for a packed summer schedule.
‘Godzilla 2′ To Roar Into Theaters In Summer 2018
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Team
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists
- Emmy-Winning Daytime TV Director Larry Auerbach, Dead At 91
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast