Mark another monster date on the long-range blockbuster calendar: Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures have set their kaiju sequel Godzilla 2 for release on June 8, 2018. Gareth Edwards, who directed Godzilla to a huge $103M international opening in May, will direct the follow-up after he finishes helming his 2016 Star Wars picture for Disney. Legendary revealed at Comic-Con that familiar Gojira foes Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah will appear in the sequel. So far the 2018 date is Godzilla 2‘s to rule, although that year has no less than seven superhero movies on the docket with at least two Marvel pics, a Fox superhero flick, and a WB-DC comic book movie making for a packed summer schedule.
‘Godzilla 2’ To Roar Into Theaters In Summer 2018
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest Film News
- Bob Iger: Disney’s Making Long Plans For ‘Star Wars,’ But He’s “Serious” About Leaving In 2019
- Final Member Of Movie & Music Counterfeiting Ring Sentenced To Prison
- No. 14 ‘The Conjuring 2’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Jason Hall’s Directorial Debut ‘Thank You For Your Service’ Secures Late October Date
- Steve Carell, Amy Schumer, Nicole Kidman In Rebecca Miller’s ‘She Came To Me’
- Sofia Vergara, Karl Urban, & Andy Garcia To Topline Bobby Moresco’s ‘Bent’