Mark another monster date on the long-range blockbuster calendar: Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures have set their kaiju sequel Godzilla 2 for release on June 8, 2018. Gareth Edwards, who directed Godzilla to a huge $103M international opening in May, will direct the follow-up after he finishes helming his 2016 Star Wars picture for Disney. Legendary revealed at Comic-Con that familiar Gojira foes Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah will appear in the sequel. So far the 2018 date is Godzilla 2‘s to rule, although that year has no less than seven superhero movies on the docket with at least two Marvel pics, a Fox superhero flick, and a WB-DC comic book movie making for a packed summer schedule.
‘Godzilla 2’ To Roar Into Theaters In Summer 2018
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- Protagonist Pictures Boards Directors’ Fortnight Title ‘The Rider’ — Cannes
- Paul Verhoeven Sets Next: ‘Blessed Virgin’ To Star ‘Elle’s Virginie Efira As Lesbian Nun
- ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ To World Premiere In Shanghai
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 5 – Milo Ventimiglia, Cobie Smulders, Justin Long, Martin Landau & More
- Jeff Goldblum Books Trip To ‘Jurassic World’ Sequel
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update