Mark another monster date on the long-range blockbuster calendar: Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures have set their kaiju sequel Godzilla 2 for release on June 8, 2018. Gareth Edwards, who directed Godzilla to a huge $103M international opening in May, will direct the follow-up after he finishes helming his 2016 Star Wars picture for Disney. Legendary revealed at Comic-Con that familiar Gojira foes Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah will appear in the sequel. So far the 2018 date is Godzilla 2‘s to rule, although that year has no less than seven superhero movies on the docket with at least two Marvel pics, a Fox superhero flick, and a WB-DC comic book movie making for a packed summer schedule.
‘Godzilla 2’ To Roar Into Theaters In Summer 2018
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Peter Bart: Are Fabulous Female Directors Limited By Tired Dude Genres?
- L.A. Film Fest Award Winners: ‘Becks’, ‘The Keeping Hours’ Among Honorees – Complete List
- ‘Superior Donuts’ Star Jermaine Fowler Cast In ‘Sorry To Bother You’
- OAZ Makes Daniel Abrams A Partner
- Neve Campbell Joins Dwayne Johnson In ‘Skyscraper’
- Michael Beach Joins Warner Bros’ ‘Aquaman’