Nod, a drama series adaptation of the novel by Adrian Barnes, has been set up at Fox with a script commitment with penalty. Jason Richman (Bad Company) will write the project for 20th Century Fox TV and studio-based Chernin Co. Nod is set at a time when most of humanity loses the ability to sleep and scientists are at a loss to explain why no one is tired. It revolves around Tanya and Paul, an “inter-somnial” couple – she, Awakened and flourishing, and he, one of the remaining few who are still handicapped by the need for sleep. But when signs of deprivation start to show among the Awakened, the bonds of friendship and love get tested in unexpected ways — because if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. Richman, who co-developed and executive produced ABC’s Lucky 7 last season, executive produces with Peter Chernin and Katherine Pope.
Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama ‘Nod’ From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Legal Drama ‘Conviction’ From Mark Gordon Company As Put Pilot
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS