After shifting new drama Extant from 9 PM to 10 PM earlier this week, CBS also is moving the finale of the sci-fi series starring Halle Berry. Extant was slated to end its season with a two-hour finale from 9-11 PM on premiere Tuesday, Sept. 24, following the season premiere of Survivor. Instead, it will wrap the season the previous week, Sept. 17, with an hourlong installment airing at 10 PM. Sept. 24 will now be an all-reality night on CBS, with an expanded, 90-minute opener of Survivor leading to a 90-minute season finale of Big Brother. The move keeps Extant away from premiere week competition. Also, the sci-fi drama has not fared well with a reality lead-in, leading to CBS’ recent decision to put it behind a Criminal Minds rerun instead of airing it after Big Brother as originally scheduled. Extant has been sluggish in live+same day ratings but has gained audiences in DVR viewing. Its first two episodes added +2.22m viewers and +0.6 in adults 18-49 in live+3. Its second episode added +2.97m viewers (+37%) and +0.8 in adults 18-49 (+53%) in live+7.
‘Extant’ Finale To Air Week Early, ‘Big Brother’ To Stretch To Premiere Week
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres