After shifting new drama Extant from 9 PM to 10 PM earlier this week, CBS also is moving the finale of the sci-fi series starring Halle Berry. Extant was slated to end its season with a two-hour finale from 9-11 PM on premiere Tuesday, Sept. 24, following the season premiere of Survivor. Instead, it will wrap the season the previous week, Sept. 17, with an hourlong installment airing at 10 PM. Sept. 24 will now be an all-reality night on CBS, with an expanded, 90-minute opener of Survivor leading to a 90-minute season finale of Big Brother. The move keeps Extant away from premiere week competition. Also, the sci-fi drama has not fared well with a reality lead-in, leading to CBS’ recent decision to put it behind a Criminal Minds rerun instead of airing it after Big Brother as originally scheduled. Extant has been sluggish in live+same day ratings but has gained audiences in DVR viewing. Its first two episodes added +2.22m viewers and +0.6 in adults 18-49 in live+3. Its second episode added +2.97m viewers (+37%) and +0.8 in adults 18-49 (+53%) in live+7.
‘Extant’ Finale To Air Week Early, ‘Big Brother’ To Stretch To Premiere Week
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates