EXCLUSIVE: Grey’s Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo is expanding her relationship with ABC on the producing side. The network has put in development a female-led crime drama from Pompeo’s Calamity Jane banner. ABC Studios, where the company has a first-look deal, is producing. Written and executive produced by Andy Stern, the untitled drama centers on Keira Burke, a young, Boston-area cop, gravely wounded in the line of duty. Six years later, she’s returned to the force as a police psychologist and now finds herself embedded in the same precinct she left. She’ll bring along her new perspective on cops and solving crime, but she’s returning as an outsider, no longer a cop. Calamity Jane’s Pompeo and Laura Holstein executive produce. This marks the first network sale for Calamity Jane, which just set up its first project, a series adaptation of Rachel Carey’s 2013 book Debt, at ABC Family. The ramp-up in development comes on the heels of the company’s recent expansion with the hiring of two executives: Holstein, who serves as head of development, and Alissa Bachner as Director of Development.
Ellen Pompeo To Produce Cop Drama For ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres