EXCLUSIVE: Grey’s Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo is expanding her relationship with ABC on the producing side. The network has put in development a female-led crime drama from Pompeo’s Calamity Jane banner. ABC Studios, where the company has a first-look deal, is producing. Written and executive produced by Andy Stern, the untitled drama centers on Keira Burke, a young, Boston-area cop, gravely wounded in the line of duty. Six years later, she’s returned to the force as a police psychologist and now finds herself embedded in the same precinct she left. She’ll bring along her new perspective on cops and solving crime, but she’s returning as an outsider, no longer a cop. Calamity Jane’s Pompeo and Laura Holstein executive produce. This marks the first network sale for Calamity Jane, which just set up its first project, a series adaptation of Rachel Carey’s 2013 book Debt, at ABC Family. The ramp-up in development comes on the heels of the company’s recent expansion with the hiring of two executives: Holstein, who serves as head of development, and Alissa Bachner as Director of Development.
Ellen Pompeo To Produce Cop Drama For ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast