EXCLUSIVE: Grey’s Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo is expanding her relationship with ABC on the producing side. The network has put in development a female-led crime drama from Pompeo’s Calamity Jane banner. ABC Studios, where the company has a first-look deal, is producing. Written and executive produced by Andy Stern, the untitled drama centers on Keira Burke, a young, Boston-area cop, gravely wounded in the line of duty. Six years later, she’s returned to the force as a police psychologist and now finds herself embedded in the same precinct she left. She’ll bring along her new perspective on cops and solving crime, but she’s returning as an outsider, no longer a cop. Calamity Jane’s Pompeo and Laura Holstein executive produce. This marks the first network sale for Calamity Jane, which just set up its first project, a series adaptation of Rachel Carey’s 2013 book Debt, at ABC Family. The ramp-up in development comes on the heels of the company’s recent expansion with the hiring of two executives: Holstein, who serves as head of development, and Alissa Bachner as Director of Development.
Ellen Pompeo To Produce Cop Drama For ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate