EXCLUSIVE: Grey’s Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo is expanding her relationship with ABC on the producing side. The network has put in development a female-led crime drama from Pompeo’s Calamity Jane banner. ABC Studios, where the company has a first-look deal, is producing. Written and executive produced by Andy Stern, the untitled drama centers on Keira Burke, a young, Boston-area cop, gravely wounded in the line of duty. Six years later, she’s returned to the force as a police psychologist and now finds herself embedded in the same precinct she left. She’ll bring along her new perspective on cops and solving crime, but she’s returning as an outsider, no longer a cop. Calamity Jane’s Pompeo and Laura Holstein executive produce. This marks the first network sale for Calamity Jane, which just set up its first project, a series adaptation of Rachel Carey’s 2013 book Debt, at ABC Family. The ramp-up in development comes on the heels of the company’s recent expansion with the hiring of two executives: Holstein, who serves as head of development, and Alissa Bachner as Director of Development.
Ellen Pompeo To Produce Cop Drama For ABC
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21