Eddie Izzard is set to co-star in Powers, the Sony Playstation Network series based on the graphic novel by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming. Also cast in major roles in the direct-to-series project are Noah Taylor and Olesya Rulin. Combining the genres of superhero fantasy, crime noir and police procedural, Powers, produced by Sony Pictures TV, is set in a world full of people with superhuman abilities and where all of those powers are just another catalyst for mayhem and murder. It follows the lives of two homicide detectives, Christian Walker and Deena Pilgrim (Susan Heyward), who are assigned to protect humans like us and investigate cases involving people with superhuman abilities, referred to as Powers, who glide through the sky on lightning bolts and fire and who clash above cities in epic battle, oblivious to the mortals below. Izzard, repped by APA, UK’s Conway Van Gelder and Morris, Yorn, will play Wolfe, the bogeyman of the POWERS universe — a top-level Power who has spent the last two decades incarcerated in the Shaft, his terrible abilities kept in check through a brutal regimen of surgical procedures. Before that, he was a mentor of then-up-and-coming Powers, Walker. Taylor will play Johnny Royalle, a criminal mastermind Power with the ability to pop in and out of locations at will. He owns a cutting edge underground venue, the Here and Gone Club, that may be part of a dark and deadly conspiracy. The role was played by Vinnie Jones in the original pilot for FX. Rulin, repped by ROAR, TalentWorks, and attorney David Matloff, plays Calista, a teenage Power wannabe with street smarts, attitude and vulnerability who is always seeking out her next move. In the FX pilot, the role was played by Bailee Madison. David Slade is directing the first two episodes of Powers from scripts by Charlie Huston
Eddie Izzard, Noah Taylor & Olesya Rulin To Co-Star In PlayStation Series ‘Powers’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55
- Judd Apatow Roasts Donald Trump In Stand-up Routine: “I Feel Like I’ve Just Been Raped”
- Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos ‘Dangerous’ Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up…
- SAG-AFTRA Disputes Trump's Claim That News Media Is "Enemy Of The American People"