The multi-platform rollout begins September 29 when the animated one-hour movie Star Wars Rebels: Spark Of Rebellion will be available on WatchDisneyXD.com and the Watch Disney XD app. Its global TV debut is set for Friday, October 3 at 9 PM (U.S.) on Disney Channels ahead of the Star Wars Rebels series debut Monday, October 13 at 9 PM on Disney XD. The series will air in 34 languages across 163 countries in over 400 million households, Disney says. The cartoon series is set five years prior to the 1977 Star Wars. The Jedi are left hiding, the dark side is dominating the scene, and the Rebel alliance as we know it from Episodes IV-VI hasn’t formed yet. Star Wars Rebels is created by Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars), Simon Kinberg (X-Men: Days Of Future Past, Sherlock Holmes), and Carrie Beck. The Lucasfilm Animation production is also executive-produced by Filoni, Kinberg and Greg Weisman.
Disney XD’s ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Premiere Date Set
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Smuggled $120K & Faces 2.5 Years In Jail After $5M Fraud Case Guilty Plea
'Sons Of Anarchy' Mayans Spinoff At FX Gets Script Order & Title; Elgin James Joins Kurt Sutter As Co-Creator
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- Aharon Ipalé Dies: ‘The Mummy’ Actor Was 74
- Drew Barrymore Circling Talk Show From Warner Bros TV
- Ellie Reed Cast In Netflix Comedy Series ‘Girlboss’, Signs With CAA
- Publicist Kasey Kitchen Joins East 2 West Collective
- Istanbul Airport Attack: Turkey Government Says 36 Dead In “Terrorist” Bombings
- ‘Game Of Thrones’: Season 6 Finale Director Miguel Sapochnik On Military Aesthetic, That Score, And Putting His Stamp On The…