The multi-platform rollout begins September 29 when the animated one-hour movie Star Wars Rebels: Spark Of Rebellion will be available on WatchDisneyXD.com and the Watch Disney XD app. Its global TV debut is set for Friday, October 3 at 9 PM (U.S.) on Disney Channels ahead of the Star Wars Rebels series debut Monday, October 13 at 9 PM on Disney XD. The series will air in 34 languages across 163 countries in over 400 million households, Disney says. The cartoon series is set five years prior to the 1977 Star Wars. The Jedi are left hiding, the dark side is dominating the scene, and the Rebel alliance as we know it from Episodes IV-VI hasn’t formed yet. Star Wars Rebels is created by Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars), Simon Kinberg (X-Men: Days Of Future Past, Sherlock Holmes), and Carrie Beck. The Lucasfilm Animation production is also executive-produced by Filoni, Kinberg and Greg Weisman.
Disney XD’s ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Premiere Date Set
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Ray Strache To SVP Acquisitions & Co-Productions