The multi-platform rollout begins September 29 when the animated one-hour movie Star Wars Rebels: Spark Of Rebellion will be available on WatchDisneyXD.com and the Watch Disney XD app. Its global TV debut is set for Friday, October 3 at 9 PM (U.S.) on Disney Channels ahead of the Star Wars Rebels series debut Monday, October 13 at 9 PM on Disney XD. The series will air in 34 languages across 163 countries in over 400 million households, Disney says. The cartoon series is set five years prior to the 1977 Star Wars. The Jedi are left hiding, the dark side is dominating the scene, and the Rebel alliance as we know it from Episodes IV-VI hasn’t formed yet. Star Wars Rebels is created by Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars), Simon Kinberg (X-Men: Days Of Future Past, Sherlock Holmes), and Carrie Beck. The Lucasfilm Animation production is also executive-produced by Filoni, Kinberg and Greg Weisman.
Disney XD’s ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Premiere Date Set
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- HBO Year-Ender Teases 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep', More — Video
- Did U.S. Strike Back For Sony Hack? Massive North Korea Internet Outages Reported
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'
- 'Focus' Trailer: Will Smith, Margot Robbie & The Big Con