Warner Bros. is keeping Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows helmer David Yates in the director’s chair as the studio moves forward with adaptation Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. Yates is in talks to helm the first installment of a planned trilogy based on author J.K. Rowling’s spin-off, set decades prior to the events of the Harry Potter saga. Fantastic Beasts takes its name from a Hogwarts textbook that appears on a reading list in the first Potter tome, Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone, and will feature magical creatures and characters from the Potter mythology including the textbook’s fictitious author, Newt Scamander. WB has already set a November 18, 2016 date for the film which Rowling will make her screenwriting debut on. Variety broke the news.
David Yates In Talks For ‘Harry Potter’ Spin-Off ‘Fantastic Beasts’
What's Hot on Deadline
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Latest Film News
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box…
- ‘Soul On Bikes’ About African-American Biker Gang Picked Up For Film Adaptation