Warner Bros. is keeping Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows helmer David Yates in the director’s chair as the studio moves forward with adaptation Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. Yates is in talks to helm the first installment of a planned trilogy based on author J.K. Rowling’s spin-off, set decades prior to the events of the Harry Potter saga. Fantastic Beasts takes its name from a Hogwarts textbook that appears on a reading list in the first Potter tome, Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone, and will feature magical creatures and characters from the Potter mythology including the textbook’s fictitious author, Newt Scamander. WB has already set a November 18, 2016 date for the film which Rowling will make her screenwriting debut on. Variety broke the news.
David Yates In Talks For ‘Harry Potter’ Spin-Off ‘Fantastic Beasts’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Scott Pelley Anchors 'CBS Evening News' From Havana - Video
- 'Team America: World Police' Replaces 'The Interview' At Texas Theater
- Michael Roark Joins 'Wild For The Night'; Tina Casciani Cast In 'Bleed For This'
- Hollywood Hits Twitter To Vent Anger About 'The Interview' Being Pulled
- Judd Apatow On 'The Interview' Being Pulled: “Disgraceful”
- David Muir Asks Obama If He Will Visit Cuba In ABC News Exclusive - Video