Warner Bros. is keeping Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows helmer David Yates in the director’s chair as the studio moves forward with adaptation Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. Yates is in talks to helm the first installment of a planned trilogy based on author J.K. Rowling’s spin-off, set decades prior to the events of the Harry Potter saga. Fantastic Beasts takes its name from a Hogwarts textbook that appears on a reading list in the first Potter tome, Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone, and will feature magical creatures and characters from the Potter mythology including the textbook’s fictitious author, Newt Scamander. WB has already set a November 18, 2016 date for the film which Rowling will make her screenwriting debut on. Variety broke the news.
David Yates In Talks For ‘Harry Potter’ Spin-Off ‘Fantastic Beasts’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…