Aussie David Hoflin (Crossbones) and Julian Works (The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story) have joined the cast of ABC midseason drama American Crime, written and exec produced by Oscar winner John Ridley (12 Years A Slave). Set in Modesto, CA, the series explores preconceived notions about race, crime, and gender in the aftermath of a brutal home invasion and homicide. Hoflin, repped by Resolution and Genesis Entertainment, will play Mark Skokie, son of Barb and Russ Skokie, (Felicity Huffman and Timothy Hutton). He arrives in Modesto in support of his estranged parents in their time of crisis. Works, repped by The Corsa Agency and More/Medavoy Management, is set for a multi-episode arc as Edgar, a young man who becomes a friend and protector of Tony (Johnny Ortiz), who gets caught up in the juvie system. Ridley is exec producing with Michael McDonald through ABC Studios.
David Hoflin & Julian Works Board John Ridley’s ABC Drama ‘American Crime’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016
- 'Simpsons World' Debuts Tomorrow