Aussie David Hoflin (Crossbones) and Julian Works (The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story) have joined the cast of ABC midseason drama American Crime, written and exec produced by Oscar winner John Ridley (12 Years A Slave). Set in Modesto, CA, the series explores preconceived notions about race, crime, and gender in the aftermath of a brutal home invasion and homicide. Hoflin, repped by Resolution and Genesis Entertainment, will play Mark Skokie, son of Barb and Russ Skokie, (Felicity Huffman and Timothy Hutton). He arrives in Modesto in support of his estranged parents in their time of crisis. Works, repped by The Corsa Agency and More/Medavoy Management, is set for a multi-episode arc as Edgar, a young man who becomes a friend and protector of Tony (Johnny Ortiz), who gets caught up in the juvie system. Ridley is exec producing with Michael McDonald through ABC Studios.
David Hoflin & Julian Works Board John Ridley’s ABC Drama ‘American Crime’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…