SpectreVision, the film production shingle founded by Elijah Wood, Daniel Noah, and Josh C. Waller, has teamed with Zodiac Features on “anthropological zombie film” Curse the Darkness. Mexican helmer Jorge Michel Grau is directing from a script by Brandon Maurice Williams and Zodiac is funding and co-producing the project. Pic is set against the backdrop of the Louisiana sugarcane fields and the systematic exploitation of labor and undocumented workers by large corporations. Wood, Noah, and Waller will produce for SpectreVision. Curse the Darkness begins lensing in October in Louisiana and marks the latest U.S. project for Grau, who made his feature debut with We Are What We Are, helmed a segment in anthology The ABCs of Death, and makes his American feature debut in the upcoming Big Sky starring Bella Thorne, Kyra Sedgewick and Frank Grillo. WME will be handling domestic sales and Mexico City-based Mundial is repping foreign.
Jorge Michel Grau To ‘Curse The Darkness’ For SpectreVision
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- 'Midnight Rider': New Photos Show Crew On Train Tracks Before Sarah Jones Death
- 'Riddick's David Twohy To Direct Relativity Sci-Fier 'Replay'
- Blood List Names 'Bird Box' Best 2014 Genre Script; Adds Pilots, Books
- Robin Williams' Final Film 'Boulevard' AFM-Bound; Pair Join Catherine Zeta-Jones' 'Godmother'; More
- Trick Or Treat? 'Tales Of Halloween' Horror Anthology Taps Neil Marshall, Darren Bousman & More – AFM