SpectreVision, the film production shingle founded by Elijah Wood, Daniel Noah, and Josh C. Waller, has teamed with Zodiac Features on “anthropological zombie film” Curse the Darkness. Mexican helmer Jorge Michel Grau is directing from a script by Brandon Maurice Williams and Zodiac is funding and co-producing the project. Pic is set against the backdrop of the Louisiana sugarcane fields and the systematic exploitation of labor and undocumented workers by large corporations. Wood, Noah, and Waller will produce for SpectreVision. Curse the Darkness begins lensing in October in Louisiana and marks the latest U.S. project for Grau, who made his feature debut with We Are What We Are, helmed a segment in anthology The ABCs of Death, and makes his American feature debut in the upcoming Big Sky starring Bella Thorne, Kyra Sedgewick and Frank Grillo. WME will be handling domestic sales and Mexico City-based Mundial is repping foreign.
Jorge Michel Grau To ‘Curse The Darkness’ For SpectreVision
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- 'Zeroville' Adds Seth Rogen, Megan Fox & More; Brad Carter Lands 'The Revenant;' Noah Segan Enlists In 'War Pigs'
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Trailer Smashes Viewing Record; More Footage Coming
- Dark Sky Dips Into Postapocalyptic Thriller 'The Well'
- 'Banshee Chapter' First Virtual Reality Film To Hit Oculus Rift
- 'Insidious: Chapter 3′ Scares Up First Teaser – Video
- Kiernan Shipka, Meg Ryan Board Teen Comedy 'Fan Girl'