SpectreVision, the film production shingle founded by Elijah Wood, Daniel Noah, and Josh C. Waller, has teamed with Zodiac Features on “anthropological zombie film” Curse the Darkness. Mexican helmer Jorge Michel Grau is directing from a script by Brandon Maurice Williams and Zodiac is funding and co-producing the project. Pic is set against the backdrop of the Louisiana sugarcane fields and the systematic exploitation of labor and undocumented workers by large corporations. Wood, Noah, and Waller will produce for SpectreVision. Curse the Darkness begins lensing in October in Louisiana and marks the latest U.S. project for Grau, who made his feature debut with We Are What We Are, helmed a segment in anthology The ABCs of Death, and makes his American feature debut in the upcoming Big Sky starring Bella Thorne, Kyra Sedgewick and Frank Grillo. WME will be handling domestic sales and Mexico City-based Mundial is repping foreign.
Jorge Michel Grau To ‘Curse The Darkness’ For SpectreVision
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Why Nobody Chased ‘Alice Through The Looking Glass’: Memorial Day Box Office Postmortem
- Universal Changes ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Release Date Again; ‘Girl Trip’ Moves In
- Weinstein Company Blasts Open Road & ‘Little Prince’ Producers Over $35M ‘Playmobil…
- ‘Rogue One’: Re-Shoots But No Test Screening; Release Date Not Impacted
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- Cate Blanchett’s Broadway Debut With Chekhovian ‘The Present’ Sets House & Cast