SpectreVision, the film production shingle founded by Elijah Wood, Daniel Noah, and Josh C. Waller, has teamed with Zodiac Features on “anthropological zombie film” Curse the Darkness. Mexican helmer Jorge Michel Grau is directing from a script by Brandon Maurice Williams and Zodiac is funding and co-producing the project. Pic is set against the backdrop of the Louisiana sugarcane fields and the systematic exploitation of labor and undocumented workers by large corporations. Wood, Noah, and Waller will produce for SpectreVision. Curse the Darkness begins lensing in October in Louisiana and marks the latest U.S. project for Grau, who made his feature debut with We Are What We Are, helmed a segment in anthology The ABCs of Death, and makes his American feature debut in the upcoming Big Sky starring Bella Thorne, Kyra Sedgewick and Frank Grillo. WME will be handling domestic sales and Mexico City-based Mundial is repping foreign.
Jorge Michel Grau To ‘Curse The Darkness’ For SpectreVision
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Yamato
- Toronto: 'Ruth & Alex' Goes To Focus World
- Kate Mara Offered Role In Ridley Scott's 'The Martian'
- Imperative Entertainment, Bastei Lubbe AG Form Joint Media Venture
- Lionsgate's Codeblack Inks First-Look Deal With Datari Turner
- Peter Facinelli's A7SLE Films Hires 'Cropsey' Scribe
- The Orchard Acquires Survival Thriller 'Preservation'