Oscar has found a new assistant. Community co-star Yvette Nicole Brown has been cast in CBS’ midseason comedy series The Odd Couple. Co-written and executive produced by Matthew Perry, the project, a take on the Neil Simon classic, revolves around two mismatched roommates — the messy Oscar Madison (Perry) and neat freak Felix Unger (Thomas Lennon). Brown will play Oscar’s assistant Dani. As expected, the role has been tweaked from the pilot where the character was named Sam and played by Sarah Baker. The part also has been made a recurring from a regular in the pilot, likely to accommodate Brown’s regular duties on Community, which was picked up by Yahoo after its cancellation by NBC. The character of Dani is envisioned as a potential regular. This is one of two recastings The Odd Couple is undergoing after being picked up to series in May. Search is still under way for an actress to play Oscar’s neighbor, portrayed in the pilot by Georgia King. Bob Daily serves as showrunner and executive produces alongside Perry, Joe Keenan, Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly, Eric Tannenbaum and Kim Tannenbaum for CBS Television Studios.
‘Community’s Yvette Nicole Brown Joins CBS’ ‘Odd Couple’ Reboot
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Man In The High Castle’ Reveals Season 2 Key Art & Who The Future Belongs To
- SyFy Sets Date For First-Ever All-Star Edition Of ‘Face Off’
- MTV President Sean Atkins Steps Down
- John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener