Oscar has found a new assistant. Community co-star Yvette Nicole Brown has been cast in CBS’ midseason comedy series The Odd Couple. Co-written and executive produced by Matthew Perry, the project, a take on the Neil Simon classic, revolves around two mismatched roommates — the messy Oscar Madison (Perry) and neat freak Felix Unger (Thomas Lennon). Brown will play Oscar’s assistant Dani. As expected, the role has been tweaked from the pilot where the character was named Sam and played by Sarah Baker. The part also has been made a recurring from a regular in the pilot, likely to accommodate Brown’s regular duties on Community, which was picked up by Yahoo after its cancellation by NBC. The character of Dani is envisioned as a potential regular. This is one of two recastings The Odd Couple is undergoing after being picked up to series in May. Search is still under way for an actress to play Oscar’s neighbor, portrayed in the pilot by Georgia King. Bob Daily serves as showrunner and executive produces alongside Perry, Joe Keenan, Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly, Eric Tannenbaum and Kim Tannenbaum for CBS Television Studios.
‘Community’s Yvette Nicole Brown Joins CBS’ ‘Odd Couple’ Reboot
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- Studios & WGA Can’t Even Agree On Lost Revenues From Last Strike
- Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir ‘Who Thought This Was A Good Idea…
- Tom Hanks, Jodie Foster, David Byrne, Meryl Streep Remember Jonathan Demme
- GSN CEO David Goldhill Steps Down
- ‘Condor’ Adds Kate Vernon; Lyndie Greenwood Joins ‘Flint’
- Tony Vinciquerra & Sony: No Offer To Anyone Yet On CEO Post