Julius Sharpe, one of Seth MacFarlane‘s inner circle of trusted writers, has signed a two-year overall deal with 20th Century Fox TV, where MacFarlane has been based. During the past five years, Sharpe worked on MacFarlane’s 20th TV comedy series Family Guy and spinoff The Cleveland Show on the animated side and multi-camera sitcom Dads, all at Fox. Under the overall pact, he is consulting on 20th TV’s upcoming ABC multi-camera family comedy Cristela, co-created by and starring comedian Cristela Alonzo and co-created and run by Kevin Hench. “Julius is a brilliantly funny writer who has been a huge asset to our comedies, from Family Guy to Dads,” said 20th TV President of Creative Affairs Jonnie Davis. “He more than earned the admiration of Seth MacFarlane and everyone on our team with his signature brand of hard, funny and inventive humor, and we knew we wanted to be in business with him exclusively. Cristela is our number one priority of the fall, and this overall both keeps him in the family as well as strengthens an already fantastic bench of writers led by Kevin Hench.” Sharpe, who started his TV writing career in late-night with stints on CBS’ Late Late Show for hosts Craig Kilborn and Craig Ferguson, is repped by WME and Karl Austen.
Comedy Writer Julius Sharpe Inks Overall Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight
- Oscars TV Review: Stellar Show Spoiled By Best Picture Fiasco
- Kimmel Tweets To Donald Trump During Oscars
- Jimmy Kimmel Taunts Donald Trump In Political Oscars Opening Monologue – Watch
- Last Week Not In Sweden: Bill O’Reilly To Address Nils Bildt Mystery; Twitter Doesn’t Wait
- Joseph Wapner Dies: ‘People’s Court’ Judge Was 97