Fox International Channels (FIC) has appointed Cherry Yates to the newly created post of VP Corporate Communications. Yates will spearhead a streamlined communications strategy across FIC’s more than 300 entertainment, sports, lifestyle, factual and movie channels, working in close collaboration with publicity teams based in more than 60 offices worldwide. Yates also will continue in her role as VP Global Communications for National Geographic Channels International (NGCI), leading its global publicity efforts in 170 countries and overseeing NGCI’s corporate communications within the international trade media. Yates will report directly to Liz Dolan, EVP and Chief Marketing Officer for FIC and will continue collaborating on NGC’s press opportunities with NGC’s Chris Albert, SVP of Communications Worldwide and Talent Relations. Yates joined NGCI as Publicity Manager in 2004, before serving as the Director, Senior Director and Vice President of Communications and Marketing. Prior to NGCI, Yates managed publicity for Discovery Networks Asia in Singapore, including integrated marketing communications campaigns for the launches of Animal Planet and Discovery Travel & Adventure throughout Asia Pacific.
Cherry Yates Named VP Corporate Communications At Fox International Channels
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Killing Kennedy' To Air On Fox News Channel; 'O'Reilly Factor' To Preview The Film
- Osy Ikhile Joins Syfy Mini 'Childhood's End'; Sebastian Pigott In ABC's 'Revenge'
- James Franco, Nicki Minaj, One Direction, Martin Freeman Headline 'SNL's Final Shows Of 2014
- Oscar & Tony Winning Director Mike Nichols Dead At 83
- Steve McQueen's Next Movie: Heist Pic Based On '80s UK Mini 'Widows'
- Mike Nichols' Death: ABC News Chief's Memo To Staff – Video