Casey Affleck is in talks to join Chris Pine in The Finest Hours at Disney. Craig Gillespie is directing, after doing Million Dollar Arm for the studio. Jim Whitaker and Dorothy Aufiero are producing. Paul Tamasy and Eric Johnson adapted the novel written by Casey Sherman and Michael J Tougias. Affleck and Pine will star in a drama that takes place in 1952, when the Coast Guard attempts a dramatic rescue after two oil tankers collide off the coast of Cape Cod. WME reps Affleck, who’s also prepping to direct the film about the rise, fall and rise of baseball slugger Josh Hamilton.
Casey Affleck In ‘Finest Hours’ Talks
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Gore Verbinski On Cancellation Of North Korea-Based Steve Carell Film
- Aaron Sorkin On Free Speech As Casualty In 'The Interview' Cancellation
- It's Official: Sony Scraps 'The Interview'
- Michael Stuhlbarg Joins Steve Jobs Pic
- North Korea-Based Thriller With Gore Verbinski And Steve Carell Canceled
- Sony Scraps TV Advertising On 'The Interview'