Carla Gugino (Night At The Museum, Wayward Pines) is set for a multi-episode arc opposite Jack Black and Tim Robbins on HBO half-hour comedy series The Brink, from Jerry Weintraub. Directed by Jay Roach from a script by brothers Roberto and Kim Benabib, The Brink is an epic dark comedy focusing on a geopolitical crisis and its effect on three disparate and desperate men: U.S. Secretary of State Walter Hollander (Robbins); Alex Coppins (Black), a lowly Foreign Service officer; and Zeke Callahan (Pablo Schreiber), an ace Navy fighter pilot. These three compromised souls must pull through the chaos around them to save the planet from World War III. Gugino, repped by CAA, Untitled Entertainment and attorney Warren Dern, will play Joanne Larson, a Washington super lawyer in her prime, and a formidable match to her husband, the Secretary of State.
Carla Gugino Joins HBO’s ‘The Brink’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV