Carla Gugino (Night At The Museum, Wayward Pines) is set for a multi-episode arc opposite Jack Black and Tim Robbins on HBO half-hour comedy series The Brink, from Jerry Weintraub. Directed by Jay Roach from a script by brothers Roberto and Kim Benabib, The Brink is an epic dark comedy focusing on a geopolitical crisis and its effect on three disparate and desperate men: U.S. Secretary of State Walter Hollander (Robbins); Alex Coppins (Black), a lowly Foreign Service officer; and Zeke Callahan (Pablo Schreiber), an ace Navy fighter pilot. These three compromised souls must pull through the chaos around them to save the planet from World War III. Gugino, repped by CAA, Untitled Entertainment and attorney Warren Dern, will play Joanne Larson, a Washington super lawyer in her prime, and a formidable match to her husband, the Secretary of State.
Carla Gugino Joins HBO’s ‘The Brink’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Smuggled $120K & Faces 2.5 Years In Jail After $5M Fraud Case Guilty Plea
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
'Sons Of Anarchy' Mayans Spinoff At FX Gets Script Order & Title; Elgin James Joins Kurt Sutter As Co-Creator
Latest TV News
- ‘Furst Born’ CBS Comedy Pilot Extends Cast Options, ‘My Time/Your Time’ Eyes Redevelopment
- Retransmission Payments Will Leap 51% To $11.6B By 2022: Forecast
- CMT Hires Two New Marketing & Programming Executives, Promotes Two
- ‘American Horror Story’ Unveils Season 6 Logo
- Aharon Ipalé Dies: ‘The Mummy’ Actor Was 74
- Drew Barrymore Circling Talk Show From Warner Bros TV