Although the title might suggest a superhero flick, comedy-drama Captain Fantastic follows an idealistic father (Viggo Mortensen) who, after a decade of living off the grid in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, must return with his six young kids and assimilate back into society. The project, which started production last month in Washington and New Mexico, has steadily been casting up and has now added Steve Zahn (Dallas Buyers Club), Kathryn Hahn (Tomorrowland), Missi Pyle (Gone Girl), and Erin Moriarty (True Detective). Entertainment One has boarded international on the Matt Ross-written and directed picture which it will release in the UK, Canada and Australia/New Zealand. It will also handle sales outside the U.S. Electric City’s Lynette Howell and Jamie Patricof are producing alongside Shivani Rawat and Nimitt Mankad. Rawat is financing via her ShivHans Pictures banner. EOne previously partnered with ShivHans on Trumbo, which it launched in Cannes.
‘Captain Fantastic’ Enlists More Cast As eOne Boards Viggo Mortensen Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorites
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies
- Simon Kinberg Looking To Direct Next ‘X-Men’?
- Madeline Brewer Joins Rupert Wyatt’s Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Captive State’
- Jennifer Garner In Final Negotiations To Join ‘Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda’
- CAA Signs ‘Patti Cake$’ Star Danielle Macdonald