Although the title might suggest a superhero flick, comedy-drama Captain Fantastic follows an idealistic father (Viggo Mortensen) who, after a decade of living off the grid in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, must return with his six young kids and assimilate back into society. The project, which started production last month in Washington and New Mexico, has steadily been casting up and has now added Steve Zahn (Dallas Buyers Club), Kathryn Hahn (Tomorrowland), Missi Pyle (Gone Girl), and Erin Moriarty (True Detective). Entertainment One has boarded international on the Matt Ross-written and directed picture which it will release in the UK, Canada and Australia/New Zealand. It will also handle sales outside the U.S. Electric City’s Lynette Howell and Jamie Patricof are producing alongside Shivani Rawat and Nimitt Mankad. Rawat is financing via her ShivHans Pictures banner. EOne previously partnered with ShivHans on Trumbo, which it launched in Cannes.
‘Captain Fantastic’ Enlists More Cast As eOne Boards Viggo Mortensen Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
Latest Film News
- Bart & Fleming: Ava DuVernay In Demand; CEO Mischief And Focus Feature Casualties; ‘Spotlight’s…
- J.K. Simmons & Julie Delpy To Star In ‘The Bachelors’ From ‘Unbroken,’ ‘Descendants…
- ‘Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates’ Trailer: Can Efron & Devine Out-Party Kendrick & Plaza?
- Morgan Freeman To Receive Chaplin Award From Film Society Of Lincoln Center
- ‘The Lobster’ Trailer: Colin Farrell & Rachel Weisz In Offbeat Near-Future Love Story
- Indie Drama ‘Five Nights In Maine’ Acquired By FilmRise