Although the title might suggest a superhero flick, comedy-drama Captain Fantastic follows an idealistic father (Viggo Mortensen) who, after a decade of living off the grid in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, must return with his six young kids and assimilate back into society. The project, which started production last month in Washington and New Mexico, has steadily been casting up and has now added Steve Zahn (Dallas Buyers Club), Kathryn Hahn (Tomorrowland), Missi Pyle (Gone Girl), and Erin Moriarty (True Detective). Entertainment One has boarded international on the Matt Ross-written and directed picture which it will release in the UK, Canada and Australia/New Zealand. It will also handle sales outside the U.S. Electric City’s Lynette Howell and Jamie Patricof are producing alongside Shivani Rawat and Nimitt Mankad. Rawat is financing via her ShivHans Pictures banner. EOne previously partnered with ShivHans on Trumbo, which it launched in Cannes.
‘Captain Fantastic’ Enlists More Cast As eOne Boards Viggo Mortensen Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- Joe Wright In Talks To Board ‘The Lifeboat’ With Anne Hathaway, Working Title and Focus Features
- Imax Shares Leap As It Announces Hong Kong IPO Plan
- Paramount, Mary Parent To Turn ‘Beyblade’ Into Live Action Feature
- ‘The End Of The Tour’ Trailer: Jason Segel As David Foster Wallace
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- ‘How He Fell In Love’ Clip: Exploring Faithfulness And Betrayal