Although the title might suggest a superhero flick, comedy-drama Captain Fantastic follows an idealistic father (Viggo Mortensen) who, after a decade of living off the grid in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, must return with his six young kids and assimilate back into society. The project, which started production last month in Washington and New Mexico, has steadily been casting up and has now added Steve Zahn (Dallas Buyers Club), Kathryn Hahn (Tomorrowland), Missi Pyle (Gone Girl), and Erin Moriarty (True Detective). Entertainment One has boarded international on the Matt Ross-written and directed picture which it will release in the UK, Canada and Australia/New Zealand. It will also handle sales outside the U.S. Electric City’s Lynette Howell and Jamie Patricof are producing alongside Shivani Rawat and Nimitt Mankad. Rawat is financing via her ShivHans Pictures banner. EOne previously partnered with ShivHans on Trumbo, which it launched in Cannes.
‘Captain Fantastic’ Enlists More Cast As eOne Boards Viggo Mortensen Pic
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…
- Intl Box Office Final: No. 1 Bragging Rights In China Too Close To Call As 'Storm,' 'Expendables 3′ And 'Apes' Fight It Out
- Patrice Théroux Exiting eOne; Steve Bertram Named President Global Film Group
- Netflix Launches In France With A New Partner — And A New Rival