Although the title might suggest a superhero flick, comedy-drama Captain Fantastic follows an idealistic father (Viggo Mortensen) who, after a decade of living off the grid in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, must return with his six young kids and assimilate back into society. The project, which started production last month in Washington and New Mexico, has steadily been casting up and has now added Steve Zahn (Dallas Buyers Club), Kathryn Hahn (Tomorrowland), Missi Pyle (Gone Girl), and Erin Moriarty (True Detective). Entertainment One has boarded international on the Matt Ross-written and directed picture which it will release in the UK, Canada and Australia/New Zealand. It will also handle sales outside the U.S. Electric City’s Lynette Howell and Jamie Patricof are producing alongside Shivani Rawat and Nimitt Mankad. Rawat is financing via her ShivHans Pictures banner. EOne previously partnered with ShivHans on Trumbo, which it launched in Cannes.
‘Captain Fantastic’ Enlists More Cast As eOne Boards Viggo Mortensen Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Fall In Love’: Will This Virtual Reality Program Make You Fall In Love?
- Oscars: France Enters Robin Campillo’s ‘BPM’ In Foreign Language Race
- CAA Signs TIFF Rising Star Jessie Buckley; Primary Wave Signs ‘Human Traces’ Vinnie Bennett
- David Tennant & Elisabeth Moss’ ‘Mad To Be Normal’ Headed To Samuel Goldwyn Films
- ‘Star Wars’ Will Receive Promotional Help From Tie-Ins With Six Major Brands
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Review: Suave British Spies Are Back & The Wacko Formula Still Works For Fans