Forget about your worries and your strife: Disney has found its lovable and carefree if somewhat bumbling bear for The Jungle Book. The studio said today that Bill Murray will supply the voice of Baloo in its live-action/VFX take on Rudyard Kipling’s classic. Murray joins a powerhouse voice cast that includes Ben Kingsley as worrywart panther Bagheera, Christopher Walken as fire-envious orangutan King Louie, Scarlett Johansson as kaleidoscope-eyed snake Kaa, Luipta Nyong’o as wolf mother Raksha and Idris Elba as villainous, man-hating tiger Shere Khan. Newcomer Neel Sethi is mancub Mowgli in the film from director Jon Favreau, which is set for an October 9. 2015, release. Oscar nominee and Emmy winner Murray next appears in St. Vincent and Cameron Crowe’s untitled pic and is filming Rock The Kasbah. The SNL vet and star of such films as Lost In Translation, Groundhog Day, Ghostbusters and Stripes most recently appeared in The Grand Budapest Hotel and The Monuments Men. Now if only he’d croon “Bear Necessities.”
Bill Murray Is Baloo In Disney’s ‘Jungle Book’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest Film News
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks – Mon…
- Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev ‘Mortal Engines’; Directing Debut For ‘Hobbit’ VFX Protege Christian…