Bates Motel star Freddie Highmore is making his writing debut, teaming with A&E drama’s co-creator/executive producer Kerry Ehrin for a romantic comedy series project. The untitled half-hour, which the two conceived while attending the Critics Choice Awards together for Bates Motel (this is them attending the event in the photo), has been sold to NBC with a script commitment. Set in the world of venture capitalism, it tells the story of the intimate relationship between an overly emotional-but-talented female executive and her ambitious and eccentric young British assistant. British-born Highmore and Ehrin will write the script and executive produce. It is unclear yet whether Highmore, a Cambridge University graduate, would appear on the show. Ehrin is repped by Rothman Brecher Agency; Highmore, who plays Norman Bates on the Psycho prequel Bates Motel, is with ARG.
‘Bates Motel’s Freddie Highmore & Kerry Ehrin Sell Romantic Comedy To NBC
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Legend Of Tarzan' Review: Alexander Skarsgard Swings Into Action As Movie Icon Gets Welcome New Take
'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Adds Garcelle Beauvais & Tiffany Espensen; Q’orianka Kilcher Joins 'Hostiles'
Latest TV News
- LMNO Sues Its Former Accountant For Fraud & Embezzlement
- Universal TV Drama Head Russell Rothberg Exits
- Stuart Nisbet Dies: Extremely Prolific Character Actor Was 82
- Peter Bart: Conglomeration Is Snuffing Out Courage In Hollywood
- Want To Get An Option Deal With Ridley Scott’s Scott Free? Here’s Your Chance
- Retta Upped To Regular On ‘Girlfriends’ Guide To Divorce’; Tyrel Jackson Williams Joins ‘Brockmire’