Bates Motel star Freddie Highmore is making his writing debut, teaming with A&E drama’s co-creator/executive producer Kerry Ehrin for a romantic comedy series project. The untitled half-hour, which the two conceived while attending the Critics Choice Awards together for Bates Motel (this is them attending the event in the photo), has been sold to NBC with a script commitment. Set in the world of venture capitalism, it tells the story of the intimate relationship between an overly emotional-but-talented female executive and her ambitious and eccentric young British assistant. British-born Highmore and Ehrin will write the script and executive produce. It is unclear yet whether Highmore, a Cambridge University graduate, would appear on the show. Ehrin is repped by Rothman Brecher Agency; Highmore, who plays Norman Bates on the Psycho prequel Bates Motel, is with ARG.
‘Bates Motel’s Freddie Highmore & Kerry Ehrin Sell Romantic Comedy To NBC
What's Hot on Deadline
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
Boston Police Commissioner Praises "99.9 Percent" Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps "Heal"
FX Acquires 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Logan', 'Girls Trip', 'Despicable Me 3', 'War For The Planet of the Apes' & More Movies
Donald Trump Spotlights "Many Anti-Police Agitators" In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
Latest TV News
- Dick Gregory Dies: The Legendary Stand-Up Comedian And Civil Rights Activist Was 84
- Anthony Scaramucci Signs With Hollywood PR Firm — Report
- Boston Police Commissioner Praises “99.9 Percent” Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps “Heal”
- Donald Trump Spotlights “Many Anti-Police Agitators” In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
- ‘SNL’ Production Designer Eugene Lee On The Series’ “Unpresidented” Year
- Boston Rally “Officially Over”, Capping Day Of Cable News Attention