Bates Motel star Freddie Highmore is making his writing debut, teaming with A&E drama’s co-creator/executive producer Kerry Ehrin for a romantic comedy series project. The untitled half-hour, which the two conceived while attending the Critics Choice Awards together for Bates Motel (this is them attending the event in the photo), has been sold to NBC with a script commitment. Set in the world of venture capitalism, it tells the story of the intimate relationship between an overly emotional-but-talented female executive and her ambitious and eccentric young British assistant. British-born Highmore and Ehrin will write the script and executive produce. It is unclear yet whether Highmore, a Cambridge University graduate, would appear on the show. Ehrin is repped by Rothman Brecher Agency; Highmore, who plays Norman Bates on the Psycho prequel Bates Motel, is with ARG.
‘Bates Motel’s Freddie Highmore & Kerry Ehrin Sell Romantic Comedy To NBC
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adaptation Of Telenovela 'La Reina Del Sur' Ordered To Pilot By USA Network
- 'True Detective': Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn Confirmed As Season 2 Stars & Justin Lin As Director By HBO
- Rocsi Diaz To Exit 'Entertainment Tonight'
- 'Gotham' & 'Scorpion' Off To Solid Start, 'Forever' Preview Soft, 'The Big Bang Theory' & 'The Blacklist' Return Strong, 'Sleepy…
- Finnish Fantasy Series 'Nymphs' To Be Adapted By Entertainment One Television
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy