Bates Motel star Freddie Highmore is making his writing debut, teaming with A&E drama’s co-creator/executive producer Kerry Ehrin for a romantic comedy series project. The untitled half-hour, which the two conceived while attending the Critics Choice Awards together for Bates Motel (this is them attending the event in the photo), has been sold to NBC with a script commitment. Set in the world of venture capitalism, it tells the story of the intimate relationship between an overly emotional-but-talented female executive and her ambitious and eccentric young British assistant. British-born Highmore and Ehrin will write the script and executive produce. It is unclear yet whether Highmore, a Cambridge University graduate, would appear on the show. Ehrin is repped by Rothman Brecher Agency; Highmore, who plays Norman Bates on the Psycho prequel Bates Motel, is with ARG.
‘Bates Motel’s Freddie Highmore & Kerry Ehrin Sell Romantic Comedy To NBC
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Tracy Morgan Talks Brooklyn Gentrification, Halloween Costume With Jimmy Kimmel
- TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still…
- CBS Developing ‘Whistleblower’ Drama From Chris Silber & Jerry Bruckheimer TV