Bates Motel star Freddie Highmore is making his writing debut, teaming with A&E drama’s co-creator/executive producer Kerry Ehrin for a romantic comedy series project. The untitled half-hour, which the two conceived while attending the Critics Choice Awards together for Bates Motel (this is them attending the event in the photo), has been sold to NBC with a script commitment. Set in the world of venture capitalism, it tells the story of the intimate relationship between an overly emotional-but-talented female executive and her ambitious and eccentric young British assistant. British-born Highmore and Ehrin will write the script and executive produce. It is unclear yet whether Highmore, a Cambridge University graduate, would appear on the show. Ehrin is repped by Rothman Brecher Agency; Highmore, who plays Norman Bates on the Psycho prequel Bates Motel, is with ARG.
‘Bates Motel’s Freddie Highmore & Kerry Ehrin Sell Romantic Comedy To NBC
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates