A new trailer for the Antonio Banderas sci-fi thriller Automata recently dropped, and dare we say it looks just as riveting as Tom Cruise’s sleek sci-fi 2013 film Oblivion. In Automata, directed by Spanish director Gabe Ibanez, Banderas looks to be dealing with, well, a pending robot uprise. It’s 2044 and robots, who’ve just about had it with their second-class citizenship status, are now altering themselves — a big no no in the future — and turning on their creators. The robots reach out to Banderas’ character, Jacq Vaucan, an insurance agent who is investigating their odd advancement. One can’t decide what’s better in the trailer: the cinematic desert landscape shots, the slick vfx or co-star Melanie Griffith’s beauty pageant cadence as she brings Banderas up-to-speed on the robot scene: “A machine altering itself is a very complex concept; self-preparing implies some idea of a conscious.” Millennium Entertainment is releasing the film on Oct. 10.
Hot Trailer: Antonio Banderas In ‘Automata’
What's Hot on Deadline
Holdover ‘Dory’ Steals July 4th Weekend From ‘Tarzan’, ‘BFG’: Does The Holiday Still Matter At The B.O.?
Latest Film News
- Hacker Pleads Guilty To Stealing Info From L.A. Celebrities
- Author Gay Talese Flip-Flops On ‘The Voyeur’s Motel’ And Now Stands By Book While Filmmakers Try To Figure Out…
- 'Our Kind of Traitor,' 'Life, Animated,' & Michel Gondry's 'Microbe And Gasoline' Hope for July 4 Bang: Specialty Preview
- Academy Directors Branch Was Most Aggressive On Diversity: Here’s How
- ‘Riverdale’ Star KJ Apa Joins Boston Marathon Pic ‘Altar Rock’
- #BoycottCinemark Erupts After Exhibitor Asks Aurora Victims To Pay $700K In Legal Fees