A new trailer for the Antonio Banderas sci-fi thriller Automata recently dropped, and dare we say it looks just as riveting as Tom Cruise’s sleek sci-fi 2013 film Oblivion. In Automata, directed by Spanish director Gabe Ibanez, Banderas looks to be dealing with, well, a pending robot uprise. It’s 2044 and robots, who’ve just about had it with their second-class citizenship status, are now altering themselves — a big no no in the future — and turning on their creators. The robots reach out to Banderas’ character, Jacq Vaucan, an insurance agent who is investigating their odd advancement. One can’t decide what’s better in the trailer: the cinematic desert landscape shots, the slick vfx or co-star Melanie Griffith’s beauty pageant cadence as she brings Banderas up-to-speed on the robot scene: “A machine altering itself is a very complex concept; self-preparing implies some idea of a conscious.” Millennium Entertainment is releasing the film on Oct. 10.
Hot Trailer: Antonio Banderas In ‘Automata’
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest Film News
- Weinstein Company Launches Mizchief Animated Film Label
- China’s Puji Capital Invests In Peter Guber’s Mandalay Endurance
- Patty Jenkins In Final Negotiations On Historic Deal To Helm ‘Wonder Woman 2’
- Ryan Kavanaugh Sued For Fraud By Relativity Investor
- Eric Zumbrunnen Dies: Spike Jonze’s Go-To Film Editor Was 52
- Michael B. Jordan, Jennifer Yuh Nelson Plot ‘A Bittersweet Life’ For Fox & 21 Laps