EXCLUSIVE: WIGS has tapped screenwriter Andrew Bluestone to develop an original webseries off the strength of his script Pills, about a woman who must make a difficult decision regarding her Parkinson’s disease-suffering husband. Deal marks the first in a new partnership between WIGS and the online scripting community The Black List, which linked up in March to launch a blind script submission search looking for new creative blood for the digital network. Bluestone is repped by Jewerl Ross and Lee Stobby, who also discovered the writer via the Black List. Over 1,100 submissions were entered in the WIGS-Black List contest and Bluestone was selected from a shortlist of six scribes. WIGS was launched in 2012 by Jon Avnet, Rodrigo Garcia, and Jake Avnet with a line-up of dramatic web series including Blue starring Julia Stiles. Last year WIGS pacted with Fox on a multi-year programming, development, and distribution deal. Earlier this spring, The Black List also partnered with Fox Broadcasting to find new TV drama writers.
Andrew Bluestone Lands Digital Series Deal In WIGS, Black List Writer Search
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Jai Courtney Joins Dito Montiel's 'Man Down'
- 'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
- Jesse Metcalfe, More Set For Zombie Vidgame Flick 'Dead Rising'
- 'Midnight Rider': 1st Assistant Director Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter
- Toronto: François Ozon's 'The New Girlfriend' Goes To Cohen Media Group
- Toronto: Focus Acquires Kate Winslet Starrer 'A Little Chaos'