EXCLUSIVE: WIGS has tapped screenwriter Andrew Bluestone to develop an original webseries off the strength of his script Pills, about a woman who must make a difficult decision regarding her Parkinson’s disease-suffering husband. Deal marks the first in a new partnership between WIGS and the online scripting community The Black List, which linked up in March to launch a blind script submission search looking for new creative blood for the digital network. Bluestone is repped by Jewerl Ross and Lee Stobby, who also discovered the writer via the Black List. Over 1,100 submissions were entered in the WIGS-Black List contest and Bluestone was selected from a shortlist of six scribes. WIGS was launched in 2012 by Jon Avnet, Rodrigo Garcia, and Jake Avnet with a line-up of dramatic web series including Blue starring Julia Stiles. Last year WIGS pacted with Fox on a multi-year programming, development, and distribution deal. Earlier this spring, The Black List also partnered with Fox Broadcasting to find new TV drama writers.
Andrew Bluestone Lands Digital Series Deal In WIGS, Black List Writer Search
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest Film News
- Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: “I’m Glad It’s Going Slowly, You Don’t Deserve A Bullet… Stay Tuned”…
- Feng Xiaogang’s ‘Youth’ Reinstated: China & U.S. Release Date Set After Sept Delay
- ‘Suburbicon’ Production Designer On Cobbling Together Idyllic ’50s Suburb Out Of Disparate SoCal Locations
- ‘Coco’ Earns A+ CinemaScore & Dances To $70M+; ‘Justice League’ Solid With $63M+…
- Jane Campion: It’s A “Fairy Tale” Time For Women In The Entertainment Business
- Allison Williams Says ‘Peter Pan’ Performance Scored Her ‘Get Out’ Role