EXCLUSIVE: WIGS has tapped screenwriter Andrew Bluestone to develop an original webseries off the strength of his script Pills, about a woman who must make a difficult decision regarding her Parkinson’s disease-suffering husband. Deal marks the first in a new partnership between WIGS and the online scripting community The Black List, which linked up in March to launch a blind script submission search looking for new creative blood for the digital network. Bluestone is repped by Jewerl Ross and Lee Stobby, who also discovered the writer via the Black List. Over 1,100 submissions were entered in the WIGS-Black List contest and Bluestone was selected from a shortlist of six scribes. WIGS was launched in 2012 by Jon Avnet, Rodrigo Garcia, and Jake Avnet with a line-up of dramatic web series including Blue starring Julia Stiles. Last year WIGS pacted with Fox on a multi-year programming, development, and distribution deal. Earlier this spring, The Black List also partnered with Fox Broadcasting to find new TV drama writers.
Andrew Bluestone Lands Digital Series Deal In WIGS, Black List Writer Search
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Yamato
- Jeremy Sisto & More Join 'Love Is All You Need,' Kea Ho Gets 'Urge'
- IFC Nabs Al Pacino Drama 'Manglehorn'
- SXSW 2015 Sets Mark Duplass Keynote, First Wave Of Film Panels
- Michaela Conlin Joins Kate Beckinsale In 'The Disappointments Room'
- 'Game Of Thrones' Natalie Dormer Heads To 'The Forest'
- Well Go USA, Rumble Board Halle Berry Thriller 'Kidnap'; China Rights Set