The annual Directing Workshop for Women hosted by AFI has added a new episodic program to its 2015 edition. Filmmakers can apply now to be selected for the annual program, which in addition to fostering short film candidates, will include producers of content for the web and/or streaming services. The 2015 initiative is sponsored by the Will and Jada Smith Family Foundation along with NBCUniversal. One participant will receive individual support from the WJSFF and Jada Pinkett-Smith. The tuition-free workshop spans classes, hands-on production, and the opportunity to direct projects and will select eight participants to be trained in running a series and building an audience with mentorshop from TV and new media pros.
AFI Directing Workshop For Women Announces Episodic Program
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Film News
- Note To Oscar Host Jimmy Kimmel: Johnny Carson’s Suit Patterns Are Up For Sale
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Trailer: Watch Optimus Prime Do Some Heavy Duty Transforming
- Pharrell Williams On ‘Hidden Figures’ Hidden NASA History – The Contenders Video
- Jimmy Kimmel To Host The Oscars
- ‘Sing’ Review: The Tunes In This Terrific ‘Toon Will Have You Dancing In The Aisles
- Martin Scorsese’s ‘Silence’ Plots January Expansion