The annual Directing Workshop for Women hosted by AFI has added a new episodic program to its 2015 edition. Filmmakers can apply now to be selected for the annual program, which in addition to fostering short film candidates, will include producers of content for the web and/or streaming services. The 2015 initiative is sponsored by the Will and Jada Smith Family Foundation along with NBCUniversal. One participant will receive individual support from the WJSFF and Jada Pinkett-Smith. The tuition-free workshop spans classes, hands-on production, and the opportunity to direct projects and will select eight participants to be trained in running a series and building an audience with mentorshop from TV and new media pros.
AFI Directing Workshop For Women Announces Episodic Program
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Cannes In Focus On Femme Filmmakers; BAFTA Seeks Comedy Scripts: Global Briefs
- ‘Cinderella’ Counts $337.3M At Global Ball; ‘Insurgent’ Secures $178.2M Worldwide – Int’l…
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local
- Paramount Whistleblower: Emails Reveal Studio Officials Tried To "Freak Her Out"
- ‘Woman In Gold’ Review: Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds A Great Pair In Remarkable Story
- Sony Taps Nielsen NRG Exec For Film Research Role