The annual Directing Workshop for Women hosted by AFI has added a new episodic program to its 2015 edition. Filmmakers can apply now to be selected for the annual program, which in addition to fostering short film candidates, will include producers of content for the web and/or streaming services. The 2015 initiative is sponsored by the Will and Jada Smith Family Foundation along with NBCUniversal. One participant will receive individual support from the WJSFF and Jada Pinkett-Smith. The tuition-free workshop spans classes, hands-on production, and the opportunity to direct projects and will select eight participants to be trained in running a series and building an audience with mentorshop from TV and new media pros.
AFI Directing Workshop For Women Announces Episodic Program
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?