The annual Directing Workshop for Women hosted by AFI has added a new episodic program to its 2015 edition. Filmmakers can apply now to be selected for the annual program, which in addition to fostering short film candidates, will include producers of content for the web and/or streaming services. The 2015 initiative is sponsored by the Will and Jada Smith Family Foundation along with NBCUniversal. One participant will receive individual support from the WJSFF and Jada Pinkett-Smith. The tuition-free workshop spans classes, hands-on production, and the opportunity to direct projects and will select eight participants to be trained in running a series and building an audience with mentorshop from TV and new media pros.
AFI Directing Workshop For Women Announces Episodic Program
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Miles Fisher Joins 'Man Seeking Woman'; Michael Liu In 'Sin City Saints'
- Ian Fraser, Emmy-Winning Music Director, Dead At 81
- OSCARS: 134 Pics Vie For Best Feature Documentary
- Chris Rock's 'Top Five' Gets Wide Release; 'Interstellar' Lifts Off 2 Days Early
- 'Today Show' Plugs 'Saturday Night Live' In Annual Halloween Costume Stunt
- 'The Colbert Report' Has An Official End Date