The annual Directing Workshop for Women hosted by AFI has added a new episodic program to its 2015 edition. Filmmakers can apply now to be selected for the annual program, which in addition to fostering short film candidates, will include producers of content for the web and/or streaming services. The 2015 initiative is sponsored by the Will and Jada Smith Family Foundation along with NBCUniversal. One participant will receive individual support from the WJSFF and Jada Pinkett-Smith. The tuition-free workshop spans classes, hands-on production, and the opportunity to direct projects and will select eight participants to be trained in running a series and building an audience with mentorshop from TV and new media pros.
AFI Directing Workshop For Women Announces Episodic Program
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Sunday AM Update
Latest Film News
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones and Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home
- ‘Rogue One’ Rises To $980M Global; ‘Passengers’ Takes Over Offshore No. 1 – International…
- Golden Globe Winners 'Moonlight' & 'Elle' Cash In – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? – Sunday AM Update
- ‘La La Land’ Twirls Past $50M Overseas; Shines With $132M Global Box Office
- Fox Searchlight Wins ‘Keeper Of The Diary’ Spec On Heroic Effort To Publish Anne Frank’s Work