Liam Hemsworth thriller Cut Bank has been acquired by A24 and DirecTV for U.S. distribution ahead of its Toronto International Film Festival debut, the companies announced today. Matt Shakman makes his directorial debut with the pic about a former high school star athlete turned mechanic (Hemsworth) whose plan to escape his small Montana town with his girlfriend (Teresa Palmer) leads to a deadly series of events. John Malkovich, Billy Bob Thornton, Bruce Dern, Michael Stuhlbarg, and Oliver Platt also star in the Roberto Patino-scripted film that premiered this summer at the LA Film Fest. Financing came via Kilburn Media and the Edmonton Economic Development Corporation. Laura Rister, Edward Zwick, Mickey Barold, Mark Manuel, Ted O’Neal, and Dan Cohen are producers. Entertainment One Films International is distributing in Canada and selling international rights.
A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller ‘Cut Bank’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Veep' EP On Season 5 Finale, What's Next For Julia Louis-Dreyfus, 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Return & Hugh Laurie
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
'Dory' Posts Record Second Weekend For Animated Movie As Fireworks Die For 'Resurgence'; 'Shallows' Chomps $16M+
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Trailer: Rihanna Brings Her ‘Sledgehammer’ To The Soundtrack
- BET Awards Winners: ‘Straight Outta Compton’, Beyonce, Michael B. Jordan & More
- ‘Swiss Army Man' Explodes in Debut; 'Hunt For the Wilderpeople' Sizzles: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Independence Day Resurgence’ Lands With $102M Overseas Start; ‘Dory’ Nears $400M WW – Intl Box…
- Bill Cunningham Dies: The New York Times Fashion Photographer Was 87
- ‘Now You See Me 2’ Conjuring Record China Weekend Bow For Lionsgate – Intl Box Office