Liam Hemsworth thriller Cut Bank has been acquired by A24 and DirecTV for U.S. distribution ahead of its Toronto International Film Festival debut, the companies announced today. Matt Shakman makes his directorial debut with the pic about a former high school star athlete turned mechanic (Hemsworth) whose plan to escape his small Montana town with his girlfriend (Teresa Palmer) leads to a deadly series of events. John Malkovich, Billy Bob Thornton, Bruce Dern, Michael Stuhlbarg, and Oliver Platt also star in the Roberto Patino-scripted film that premiered this summer at the LA Film Fest. Financing came via Kilburn Media and the Edmonton Economic Development Corporation. Laura Rister, Edward Zwick, Mickey Barold, Mark Manuel, Ted O’Neal, and Dan Cohen are producers. Entertainment One Films International is distributing in Canada and selling international rights.
A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller ‘Cut Bank’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…