Liam Hemsworth thriller Cut Bank has been acquired by A24 and DirecTV for U.S. distribution ahead of its Toronto International Film Festival debut, the companies announced today. Matt Shakman makes his directorial debut with the pic about a former high school star athlete turned mechanic (Hemsworth) whose plan to escape his small Montana town with his girlfriend (Teresa Palmer) leads to a deadly series of events. John Malkovich, Billy Bob Thornton, Bruce Dern, Michael Stuhlbarg, and Oliver Platt also star in the Roberto Patino-scripted film that premiered this summer at the LA Film Fest. Financing came via Kilburn Media and the Edmonton Economic Development Corporation. Laura Rister, Edward Zwick, Mickey Barold, Mark Manuel, Ted O’Neal, and Dan Cohen are producers. Entertainment One Films International is distributing in Canada and selling international rights.
A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller ‘Cut Bank’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- Activist Organization Hosts Voter Registration Events At ‘Black Panther’ Screenings
- Blue Fox Hires Myriad Pictures’ Audrey Delaney As Marketing & Distribution SVP – Berlin
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin
- ‘Black Panther’ Blasts Off With $169M Overseas; $371M WW Weekend – International Box Office
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred ‘Jurassic World’ & Possibly ‘Last Jedi…
- M.I.A & Ed Sheeran Films Drum Up Global Interest in Rock Docs – Berlin