Liam Hemsworth thriller Cut Bank has been acquired by A24 and DirecTV for U.S. distribution ahead of its Toronto International Film Festival debut, the companies announced today. Matt Shakman makes his directorial debut with the pic about a former high school star athlete turned mechanic (Hemsworth) whose plan to escape his small Montana town with his girlfriend (Teresa Palmer) leads to a deadly series of events. John Malkovich, Billy Bob Thornton, Bruce Dern, Michael Stuhlbarg, and Oliver Platt also star in the Roberto Patino-scripted film that premiered this summer at the LA Film Fest. Financing came via Kilburn Media and the Edmonton Economic Development Corporation. Laura Rister, Edward Zwick, Mickey Barold, Mark Manuel, Ted O’Neal, and Dan Cohen are producers. Entertainment One Films International is distributing in Canada and selling international rights.
A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller ‘Cut Bank’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Ray Strache To SVP Acquisitions & Co-Productions