The Criterion Collection has sprung for Jonathan Demme‘s A Master Builder, which the prestigious home vid label will add to its library. André Gregory and Wallace Shawn star in the film, shot over seven days tracking Gregory’s stage production of Shawn’s adaptation of Henrik Ibsen’s play Master Builder Solness. Shawn leads the cast as a successful architect whose relationships with his wife, employees, and lover become even more complicated when a mysterious young woman comes to visit. Shawn and Gregory are familiar faces in the Criterion vaults, which has released the pair’s previous collaborations My Dinner With Andre and Vanya on 42nd Street. A Master Builder is currently in limited release via Abramorama. “Every filmmaker dreams of having their work wind up in The Criterion Collection, so I am pretty ecstatic about this news. Whatever quality level comes next above ‘gold standard’ is the cinematic realm inhabited by Criterion,” said Jonathan Demme. Criterion is setting a DVD, Blu-ray, and digital release. to drop in the coming months.
Jonathan Demme’s ‘A Master Builder’ Bound For Criterion Collection
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- 'Terminator's James Cameron & Gale Anne Hurd: Hasta La Vista To "Fear-Based" Studio Filmmaking
- Misty Upham Found Dead: Family Of 'Frozen River' Actress Says Police Uncooperative In Search – Update
- Management & Prod. Co LEIBO Launches In L.A.
- Paul Schrader Wages Silent Protest Over Re-Edited 'Dying Of The Light'
- Warwick Davis Back For 'Star Wars: Episode VII' – Video
- 'The Dead Lands' Helmer Toa Fraser To Direct '6 Days' – AFM