The Criterion Collection has sprung for Jonathan Demme‘s A Master Builder, which the prestigious home vid label will add to its library. André Gregory and Wallace Shawn star in the film, shot over seven days tracking Gregory’s stage production of Shawn’s adaptation of Henrik Ibsen’s play Master Builder Solness. Shawn leads the cast as a successful architect whose relationships with his wife, employees, and lover become even more complicated when a mysterious young woman comes to visit. Shawn and Gregory are familiar faces in the Criterion vaults, which has released the pair’s previous collaborations My Dinner With Andre and Vanya on 42nd Street. A Master Builder is currently in limited release via Abramorama. “Every filmmaker dreams of having their work wind up in The Criterion Collection, so I am pretty ecstatic about this news. Whatever quality level comes next above ‘gold standard’ is the cinematic realm inhabited by Criterion,” said Jonathan Demme. Criterion is setting a DVD, Blu-ray, and digital release. to drop in the coming months.
Jonathan Demme’s ‘A Master Builder’ Bound For Criterion Collection
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America's On A Roll!"
Latest Film News
- ‘Ready Player One’ Young Co-Star Philip Zhou Signs With Abrams Artists Agency
- Tribeca Winner ‘Here Alone’ To Get Early 2017 Release Via Vertical Entertainment
- Sony Pictures Division Hit By Losses In Quarterly Earnings
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Nabs $4.3M, ‘Bad Moms’ Purse $2M – Thursday Box Office Previews
- ‘Nerve’ Box Office Takes $2.3M Thursday To Cull $6M In Three Days
- Steve Guttenberg “Moved” By Bill Clinton’s ‘Police Academy’ Love