The Criterion Collection has sprung for Jonathan Demme‘s A Master Builder, which the prestigious home vid label will add to its library. André Gregory and Wallace Shawn star in the film, shot over seven days tracking Gregory’s stage production of Shawn’s adaptation of Henrik Ibsen’s play Master Builder Solness. Shawn leads the cast as a successful architect whose relationships with his wife, employees, and lover become even more complicated when a mysterious young woman comes to visit. Shawn and Gregory are familiar faces in the Criterion vaults, which has released the pair’s previous collaborations My Dinner With Andre and Vanya on 42nd Street. A Master Builder is currently in limited release via Abramorama. “Every filmmaker dreams of having their work wind up in The Criterion Collection, so I am pretty ecstatic about this news. Whatever quality level comes next above ‘gold standard’ is the cinematic realm inhabited by Criterion,” said Jonathan Demme. Criterion is setting a DVD, Blu-ray, and digital release. to drop in the coming months.
Jonathan Demme’s ‘A Master Builder’ Bound For Criterion Collection
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards 2018 Winners – The Complete List
- UCLA Entertainment Symposium Tackles Paramount Issues With COO
- ‘Pacific Rim: Uprising’ Eyes $146M WW Weekend Bow With $65M From China
- ‘Ready Player One’ Cast Celebrate Spielberg; Talk Surprise Set Visits From George Lucas & Tom Cruise…
- Film Academy President John Bailey On Sex Harassment: “That Did Not Happen”
- Barry Diller Says Weinstein “A Gorilla”, Trump “Bad Character” & Explains Why He’d Never Own A Studio…