EXCLUSIVE: XLrator Media has acquired indie horror pic Found, a coming-of-age slasher about a fifth grader (Gavin Brown) grappling with the secret knowledge that his beloved older bro (Ethan Philbeck) is a serial killer. Found is the directorial debut of Scott Schirmer, who’s won numerous awards for the pic from indie genre fests including plaudits from the New York City Horror Film Festival, Another Hole in the Head, and Elvira’s Horror Hunt. After screening on the horror circuit for two years Found will get an August 15 theatrical, VOD and iTunes release via XLrator’s Macabre genre label. Author Todd Rigney adapted the script with Schirmer from his own novel. Producers are Leya Taylor and Damien Wesner. XLrator’s Mike Radiloff and Barry Gordon negotiated the deal with Matt Medisch of The October People on behalf of the filmmakers.
XLrator Scares Up Coming-Of-Age Horror Pic ‘Found’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Yamato
- Sony Chief “Disappointed” By Obama Rebuke, Hollywood's Cowed Silence
- Fox International Ups Kieran Breen To Marketing President Post
- Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: “We Had No Choice,” Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
- DGA Stands By 'The Interview' Directors, Calls On Feds To Protect Hollywood
- Aaron Sorkin Still In Bed With John Edwards Exposé 'The Politician'