EXCLUSIVE: XLrator Media has acquired indie horror pic Found, a coming-of-age slasher about a fifth grader (Gavin Brown) grappling with the secret knowledge that his beloved older bro (Ethan Philbeck) is a serial killer. Found is the directorial debut of Scott Schirmer, who’s won numerous awards for the pic from indie genre fests including plaudits from the New York City Horror Film Festival, Another Hole in the Head, and Elvira’s Horror Hunt. After screening on the horror circuit for two years Found will get an August 15 theatrical, VOD and iTunes release via XLrator’s Macabre genre label. Author Todd Rigney adapted the script with Schirmer from his own novel. Producers are Leya Taylor and Damien Wesner. XLrator’s Mike Radiloff and Barry Gordon negotiated the deal with Matt Medisch of The October People on behalf of the filmmakers.
XLrator Scares Up Coming-Of-Age Horror Pic ‘Found’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Feds Probing ‘Wolf Of Wall Street’ Producer Red Granite’s Money Relationships
- Bart & Fleming: Ava DuVernay In Demand; CEO Mischief And Focus Feature Casualties; ‘Spotlight’s…
- J.K. Simmons & Julie Delpy To Star In ‘The Bachelors’ From ‘Unbroken,’ ‘Descendants…
- ‘Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates’ Trailer: Can Efron & Devine Out-Party Kendrick & Plaza?
- Morgan Freeman To Receive Chaplin Award From Film Society Of Lincoln Center
- ‘The Lobster’ Trailer: Colin Farrell & Rachel Weisz In Offbeat Near-Future Love Story