EXCLUSIVE: XLrator Media has acquired indie horror pic Found, a coming-of-age slasher about a fifth grader (Gavin Brown) grappling with the secret knowledge that his beloved older bro (Ethan Philbeck) is a serial killer. Found is the directorial debut of Scott Schirmer, who’s won numerous awards for the pic from indie genre fests including plaudits from the New York City Horror Film Festival, Another Hole in the Head, and Elvira’s Horror Hunt. After screening on the horror circuit for two years Found will get an August 15 theatrical, VOD and iTunes release via XLrator’s Macabre genre label. Author Todd Rigney adapted the script with Schirmer from his own novel. Producers are Leya Taylor and Damien Wesner. XLrator’s Mike Radiloff and Barry Gordon negotiated the deal with Matt Medisch of The October People on behalf of the filmmakers.
XLrator Scares Up Coming-Of-Age Horror Pic ‘Found’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Hot Trailer: Nicolas Cage In 'Outcast'
- Ken Jeong Dives Into Celebrity Death Pool Pic For Hyde Park, WWE Studios
- Tribeca Film Springs For Chris Lowell's 'Beside Still Waters'
- Zoe Cassavetes Ponders Plight Of The L.A. Actress In 'Day Out Of Days'
- Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children' Pacts With Secret-Spiller Whisper
- Cara Delevingne Circling Beach Boys Musical 'All Summer Long'