Warner Bros. has boosted Niki Sherrod to SVP,Music as the film music exec goes into her eighth year with the studio. Sherrod had most recently served as VP Music after joining the company in 2006 following stints at Atlantic Records’ soundtrack division and Warner Music Group, where she served as creative director for film and TV. At WB she has overseen music including the Billboard-charting soundtrack for teen party pic Project X featuring the likes of Kid Cudi, Pusha T, and Tyler the Creator – and, on the other side of the spectrum, the Oscar-winning original score for Alfonso Cuaron’s Gravity. More recently Sherrod guided WB’s animated blockbuster The Lego Movie and its single “Everything Is Awesome” by Tegan and Sara featuring The Lonely Island, which has sold almost 400K units to date. As SVP she’ll continue to oversee selection, production, and execution of music across WB Pictures projects, reporting to WB Music President Paul Broucek. Sherrod is currently overseeing music on WB pics including This Is Where I Leave You from director Shawn Levy, Ron Howard’s Heart Of The Sea, Etan Cohen’s Get Hard, Guy Ritchie’s spy comedy The Man From U.N.C.L.E., and the Will Smith pic Focus.
WB Promotes Music SVP Following ‘Gravity’, ‘Lego’ Hits
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'