Warner Bros. has boosted Niki Sherrod to SVP,Music as the film music exec goes into her eighth year with the studio. Sherrod had most recently served as VP Music after joining the company in 2006 following stints at Atlantic Records’ soundtrack division and Warner Music Group, where she served as creative director for film and TV. At WB she has overseen music including the Billboard-charting soundtrack for teen party pic Project X featuring the likes of Kid Cudi, Pusha T, and Tyler the Creator – and, on the other side of the spectrum, the Oscar-winning original score for Alfonso Cuaron’s Gravity. More recently Sherrod guided WB’s animated blockbuster The Lego Movie and its single “Everything Is Awesome” by Tegan and Sara featuring The Lonely Island, which has sold almost 400K units to date. As SVP she’ll continue to oversee selection, production, and execution of music across WB Pictures projects, reporting to WB Music President Paul Broucek. Sherrod is currently overseeing music on WB pics including This Is Where I Leave You from director Shawn Levy, Ron Howard’s Heart Of The Sea, Etan Cohen’s Get Hard, Guy Ritchie’s spy comedy The Man From U.N.C.L.E., and the Will Smith pic Focus.
WB Promotes Music SVP Following ‘Gravity’, ‘Lego’ Hits
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'
- Universal Nabs Rights To 'Let It Snow' Short Stories Featuring Hot Author John Green
- Angelina Jolie To Direct Elephant Poaching Tale 'Africa' For Skydance
- Amber Heard To Co-Star In 'Magic Mike 2′
- Michael Che Gets 'Daily Show' Farewell En Route to 'SNL's Weekend Update: Video