Warner Bros. has boosted Niki Sherrod to SVP,Music as the film music exec goes into her eighth year with the studio. Sherrod had most recently served as VP Music after joining the company in 2006 following stints at Atlantic Records’ soundtrack division and Warner Music Group, where she served as creative director for film and TV. At WB she has overseen music including the Billboard-charting soundtrack for teen party pic Project X featuring the likes of Kid Cudi, Pusha T, and Tyler the Creator – and, on the other side of the spectrum, the Oscar-winning original score for Alfonso Cuaron’s Gravity. More recently Sherrod guided WB’s animated blockbuster The Lego Movie and its single “Everything Is Awesome” by Tegan and Sara featuring The Lonely Island, which has sold almost 400K units to date. As SVP she’ll continue to oversee selection, production, and execution of music across WB Pictures projects, reporting to WB Music President Paul Broucek. Sherrod is currently overseeing music on WB pics including This Is Where I Leave You from director Shawn Levy, Ron Howard’s Heart Of The Sea, Etan Cohen’s Get Hard, Guy Ritchie’s spy comedy The Man From U.N.C.L.E., and the Will Smith pic Focus.
WB Promotes Music SVP Following ‘Gravity’, ‘Lego’ Hits
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $219M+: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For ‘Good Will Hunting’
- ‘The Room’ Filmmaker Tommy Wiseau Pitched Himself For Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie
- ‘Darkest Hour’ Is Gary Oldman’s “Man On A Mission” Movie
- Jake Gyllenhaal’s Fight To Mount ‘Stronger’ And Play A Real-Life Superhero
- Director Terry Zwigoff Joins Peter Jackson, Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd In Claiming Weinstein Blacklist; Hollywood Reacts
- Paul Haggis Denies Rape Claims By Publicist; Calls It “Public Hanging”