Period culture clash comedy Pride was the closing night film of the Directors’ Fortnight sidebar in Cannes this past May. The response was rapturous for the ensemble that’s based on the true story of gay and lesbian activists who attempted to raise money in support of the families of striking miners in 1984 Britain. Helmed by lauded theater director Matthew Warchus, it features a who’s who of British talent including Bill Nighy, Dominic West, Imelda Staunton, Paddy Considine, Andrew Scott, and up-and-comers George MacKay, Freddie Fox and Ben Schnetzer (the lone American in the cast). The Welsh accents may require subtitles when it eventually hits the U.S., in the meantime Pathé releases in the UK on September 12.
Hot Trailer: Dominic West, Bill Nighy, Imelda Staunton Show Their ‘Pride’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Mr Grey Dominates, Mr Smith’s ‘Focus’ Pulls & Ms Smith’s ‘Exotic Marigold Hotel’ Upgrades: More International…
- ’50 Shades’ Now Uni’s Biggest R-Rated Film Overseas; Nears $500M Global B.O.
- Darrin Prescott & Wade Allen ‘Live!’ In Feature Helming Debut For The Solution
- ‘Spectre’ Director Sam Mendes On Why He Came Back To Bond After ‘Skyfall’
- BAFTA Los Angeles Names Chantal Rickards To New CEO Post