Period culture clash comedy Pride was the closing night film of the Directors’ Fortnight sidebar in Cannes this past May. The response was rapturous for the ensemble that’s based on the true story of gay and lesbian activists who attempted to raise money in support of the families of striking miners in 1984 Britain. Helmed by lauded theater director Matthew Warchus, it features a who’s who of British talent including Bill Nighy, Dominic West, Imelda Staunton, Paddy Considine, Andrew Scott, and up-and-comers George MacKay, Freddie Fox and Ben Schnetzer (the lone American in the cast). The Welsh accents may require subtitles when it eventually hits the U.S., in the meantime Pathé releases in the UK on September 12.
Hot Trailer: Dominic West, Bill Nighy, Imelda Staunton Show Their ‘Pride’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Cast Set For BBC & Carnival's 'Game Of Thrones'-Style Epic 'The Last Kingdom'
- Canada's Bell Media Takes 'Manhattan' As SVOD Service Ramps Up To Rival Netflix
- Carey Mulligan, Matthias Schoenaerts In 'Far From The Madding Crowd': Hot Trailer
- ITV Orders Period 'Jekyll & Hyde' Action/Drama Rife With CGI Monsters
- 'Mockingjay', 'Interstellar' Fly High At International Box Office: Update
- 'Jurassic World': The Park Is Open In Hot Teaser To Trailer