Period culture clash comedy Pride was the closing night film of the Directors’ Fortnight sidebar in Cannes this past May. The response was rapturous for the ensemble that’s based on the true story of gay and lesbian activists who attempted to raise money in support of the families of striking miners in 1984 Britain. Helmed by lauded theater director Matthew Warchus, it features a who’s who of British talent including Bill Nighy, Dominic West, Imelda Staunton, Paddy Considine, Andrew Scott, and up-and-comers George MacKay, Freddie Fox and Ben Schnetzer (the lone American in the cast). The Welsh accents may require subtitles when it eventually hits the U.S., in the meantime Pathé releases in the UK on September 12.
Hot Trailer: Dominic West, Bill Nighy, Imelda Staunton Show Their ‘Pride’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe’s Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
- Deadline’s 2017 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament Gets Underway: No. 10 ‘Get Out’
- Glynn Turman, Stephanie Turner To Topline ‘Justine’; Jackson Rathbone, Kerri Medders Cast In ‘Do Not Reply…
- The Weinstein Company’s 363 Bankruptcy Filing Tonight In Delaware?
- Andy Bird Exiting As Chairman Of Walt Disney International
- AMC Entertainment Names Wanda Film Group President John Zeng As Chairman