Pierre Niney, who played the iconic French fashion designer in Yves Saint Laurent, has signed with UTA. The biopic debuted at Cannes and is distributed in the U.S. by The Weinstein Company. Niney was nominated for Cesar awards in 2012 and 2013 as most promising actor for his work in J’aime Regarder les Filles and Comme des Freres, the latter also earning him a Lumiere Award nomination as most promising young actor. Other acting credits include It Boy, and the TV series Casting(s), which he also directed. Niney, repped in France by Brigitte Descormiers, has been announced to play Philippe Cousteau in the upcoming The Odyssey.
UTA Signs ‘Yves Saint Laurent’ Star Pierre Niney
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Business News
- ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ Toys Unwrapped Tonight Via Fanboy Short Series ‘#GoRogue…
- Singer Chris Brown Arrested For Assault With A Deadly Weapon
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two
- Tribune Media Could Collect $240M In Deal To Sell Chicago’s Tribune Tower
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogeneous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…