Tom Rothman’s TriStar has pre-emptively acquired What Alice Forgot, the 2011 novel from bestselling author Lianne Moriarty, with Oscar-winning director David Frankel (Devil Wears Prada, Marley and Me, Hope Springs) set to helm. Story tracks a woman who wakes up after a head injury with no memory of the last 15 years. She discovers her once-happy life is gone – she’s now a divorced single mother who must decide whether to start over or fix her relationships. Whip It‘s Shauna Cross has been tapped to script the adaptation, which will be produced by Steve Golin, Kerry Kohansky-Roberts, and Rosalie Swedlin. Vincent Sheehan is exec producing for Porchlight Films. Anonymous Content developed and packaged the project and will produce. Moriarty is repped by IPG. Cross is repped by WME and Karl Austen. Frankel is repped by WME and Anonymous Content.
TriStar Sets ‘Devil Wears Prada’ Helmer For ‘What Alice Forgot’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- 'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
- Jesse Metcalfe, More Set For Zombie Vidgame Flick 'Dead Rising'
- Toronto: François Ozon's 'The New Girlfriend' Goes To Cohen Media Group
- Toronto: Focus Acquires Kate Winslet Starrer 'A Little Chaos'
- Jen On Genre: Brawling At Fantastic Fest; Stan Lee Capes His Career With Bollywood Creation