Tom Rothman’s TriStar has pre-emptively acquired What Alice Forgot, the 2011 novel from bestselling author Lianne Moriarty, with Oscar-winning director David Frankel (Devil Wears Prada, Marley and Me, Hope Springs) set to helm. Story tracks a woman who wakes up after a head injury with no memory of the last 15 years. She discovers her once-happy life is gone – she’s now a divorced single mother who must decide whether to start over or fix her relationships. Whip It‘s Shauna Cross has been tapped to script the adaptation, which will be produced by Steve Golin, Kerry Kohansky-Roberts, and Rosalie Swedlin. Vincent Sheehan is exec producing for Porchlight Films. Anonymous Content developed and packaged the project and will produce. Moriarty is repped by IPG. Cross is repped by WME and Karl Austen. Frankel is repped by WME and Anonymous Content.
TriStar Sets ‘Devil Wears Prada’ Helmer For ‘What Alice Forgot’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- SXSW 2015 Sets Mark Duplass Keynote, First Wave Of Film Panels
- Michaela Conlin Joins Kate Beckinsale In 'The Disappointments Room'
- 'Game Of Thrones' Natalie Dormer Heads To 'The Forest'
- Well Go USA, Rumble Board Halle Berry Thriller 'Kidnap'; China Rights Set
- Michelle Williams Exits CAA For WME
- Safety For Sarah: Local 600 Launches Own App For Reporting Unsafe Sets