Tom Rothman’s TriStar has pre-emptively acquired What Alice Forgot, the 2011 novel from bestselling author Lianne Moriarty, with Oscar-winning director David Frankel (Devil Wears Prada, Marley and Me, Hope Springs) set to helm. Story tracks a woman who wakes up after a head injury with no memory of the last 15 years. She discovers her once-happy life is gone – she’s now a divorced single mother who must decide whether to start over or fix her relationships. Whip It‘s Shauna Cross has been tapped to script the adaptation, which will be produced by Steve Golin, Kerry Kohansky-Roberts, and Rosalie Swedlin. Vincent Sheehan is exec producing for Porchlight Films. Anonymous Content developed and packaged the project and will produce. Moriarty is repped by IPG. Cross is repped by WME and Karl Austen. Frankel is repped by WME and Anonymous Content.
TriStar Sets ‘Devil Wears Prada’ Helmer For ‘What Alice Forgot’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners…
- Martin Scorsese's Robert De Niro Pic 'The Irishman' Heading To Netflix?
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies