Tom Rothman’s TriStar has pre-emptively acquired What Alice Forgot, the 2011 novel from bestselling author Lianne Moriarty, with Oscar-winning director David Frankel (Devil Wears Prada, Marley and Me, Hope Springs) set to helm. Story tracks a woman who wakes up after a head injury with no memory of the last 15 years. She discovers her once-happy life is gone – she’s now a divorced single mother who must decide whether to start over or fix her relationships. Whip It‘s Shauna Cross has been tapped to script the adaptation, which will be produced by Steve Golin, Kerry Kohansky-Roberts, and Rosalie Swedlin. Vincent Sheehan is exec producing for Porchlight Films. Anonymous Content developed and packaged the project and will produce. Moriarty is repped by IPG. Cross is repped by WME and Karl Austen. Frankel is repped by WME and Anonymous Content.
TriStar Sets ‘Devil Wears Prada’ Helmer For ‘What Alice Forgot’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Gerald McRaney Joins D.J. Caruso-Helmed 'The Disappointments Room'
- Rose McGowan Eyes Oscar With Short Film 'Dawn'
- Michael Ealy To Star In 'A Civil Right' For Revolution Media
- Aussie Diesel Schwarze Plots 'Ziggy' With Dane DeHaan And Rooney Mara
- MGM Quietly Revives Orion Pictures
- Pantelion's 'Cantinflas' Tapped As Mexico's Foreign-Language Oscar Submission