The cable news network found its ratings prey last night. With 330,000 viewers in the Adults 25-54 demo, CNN’s new original series The Hunt With John Walsh is the highest-rated debut of an Original Series on the network ever. That beats the 284,000 that The Sixties got for CNN on May 29. While that is good news for the often ratings unsteady Jeff Zucker-run CNN, The Hunt also got a pretty good run in total viewers too. With 989,000 watching, the fugitive investigation series fronted by the former America’s Most Wanted host beat Fox News Channel by 21% and MSNBC by 174% in total viewers. The new show outperformed FNC’s 9 PM offering and MSNBCs by 141% and 63% in the key news demo, though Fox was airing a repeat of On The Record. The Hunt is produced by Zero Point Zero Productions, the same people behind CNN’s other hit of Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown, which aired in the same slot. The infamous chef and international traveler’s show’s Season 3 debut got 325,000 in the 25-54 demo on April 13 this year, that’s a 34% rise over its Season 2 bow on September 15, 2013.
‘The Hunt With John Walsh’ Delivers CNN’s Best Original Series Demo Debut
What's Hot on Deadline
Roman Polanski On Netflix Impact On Moviegoing: "I Don't Think It's A Basic Threat For Cinema" - Cannes
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring