The cable news network found its ratings prey last night. With 330,000 viewers in the Adults 25-54 demo, CNN’s new original series The Hunt With John Walsh is the highest-rated debut of an Original Series on the network ever. That beats the 284,000 that The Sixties got for CNN on May 29. While that is good news for the often ratings unsteady Jeff Zucker-run CNN, The Hunt also got a pretty good run in total viewers too. With 989,000 watching, the fugitive investigation series fronted by the former America’s Most Wanted host beat Fox News Channel by 21% and MSNBC by 174% in total viewers. The new show outperformed FNC’s 9 PM offering and MSNBCs by 141% and 63% in the key news demo, though Fox was airing a repeat of On The Record. The Hunt is produced by Zero Point Zero Productions, the same people behind CNN’s other hit of Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown, which aired in the same slot. The infamous chef and international traveler’s show’s Season 3 debut got 325,000 in the 25-54 demo on April 13 this year, that’s a 34% rise over its Season 2 bow on September 15, 2013.
‘The Hunt With John Walsh’ Delivers CNN’s Best Original Series Demo Debut
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Pens Strong Endorsement Of Hillary Clinton
- ‘Hell On Wheels’ Series Finale Draws 2.5 Million Viewers In Live+3
- ‘Mercy Street’ Season 2 Stresses Drama Of Battle Scenes, Corset Lacing, And Fingernails
- Nat Geo Greenlights ‘The Long Road Home’ Event Series Based On Martha Raddatz Book
- Michael Giordano Upped To SVP Business Affairs At 20th Century Fox TV
- John Cena’s ‘American Grit’ Renewed For Second Season By Fox