Malcolm D. Lee is back to write and direct the third film in the series, which Universal has titled and slated for April 15, 2016. The studio says the ensemble cast is returning for The Best Man Wedding, which features the group getting back together for a most unexpected nuptials. The previous film in the franchise, $17 million sequel The Best Man Holiday, was a hit right out of the gate, scoring a $30 million opening in November. It was the fifth-largest bow for an R-rated romantic comedy, the second-highest for an urban romantic comedy and the sixth-biggest for an urban-themed film overall. It also received an A+ CinemaScore across all quadrants. Best Man Holiday and 1999’s The Best Man starred Morris Chestnut, Taye Diggs, Regina Hall, Terrence Howard, Sanaa Lathan, Nia Long, Harold Perrineau, Monica Calhoun and Melissa De Sousa. Sean Daniel also is returning to produce the threequel, which has the release date to itself for now.
Universal Announces 2016 Date For ‘The Best Man’ Threequel
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards 2018 Winners – The Complete List
- UCLA Entertainment Symposium Tackles Paramount Issues With COO
- ‘Pacific Rim: Uprising’ Eyes $146M WW Weekend Bow With $65M From China
- ‘Ready Player One’ Cast Celebrate Spielberg; Talk Surprise Set Visits From George Lucas & Tom Cruise…
- Film Academy President John Bailey On Sex Harassment: “That Did Not Happen”
- Barry Diller Says Weinstein “A Gorilla”, Trump “Bad Character” & Explains Why He’d Never Own A Studio…