The comics legend’s reps say he was hit with a bout of laryngitis and isn’t making the trip to San Diego after all. Twitter was abuzz about Stan Lee‘s sudden pullout today, with folks speculating about the 91-year-old Spider-Man and X-Men co-creator’s health. But a spokesman tells Deadline that Lee simply lost his voice and otherwise is “well and healthy”. He was set for a meet-and-greet and DVD signing on Friday afternoon to promote his Stan Lee’s Mighty 7 franchise. It’s definitely a bummer, but on with the Con.
Comic-Con: Stan Lee’s Voice Fails Him, So He’s Staying Home
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Latest Film News
- Aardman, Studiocanal Reunite Flock For ‘Shaun The Sheep Movie 2’ – AFM
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks – Mon…