The first sequel in the latest Blumhouse micro-budget horror franchise has a release date. Sinister 2, the follow-up to last year’s pic that grossed more than $87M worldwide on of a $3M budget, will arrive August 21, 2015. Citadel‘s Ciaran Foy will helm the next chapter, which Sinister director Scott Derrickson is writing with C. Robert Cargill. The new franchise follows Blumhouse’s success with the Paranormal Activity and Insidious series of ultra-low-budget genre hits. eOne is financing the sequel, with Derrickson and Jason Blum producing. Focus Features has positioned Sinister 2 to counter the Warner Bros romance Me Before You.
Focus Inflicting ‘Sinister 2′ On Theaters Next Summer
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM