EXCLUSIVE: French Canadian drama Sarah Prefers To Run has been acquired by distribution platform Film Festival Flix following its screening at Outfest. Chloe Robichaud wrote and directed Sophie Desmarais in the story of a college-bound woman who agrees to get married in order to get a grant to afford university and compete in the school’s premier athletic club. Film Festival Flix’s deal covers U.S. rights. The company will open Sarah as part of its Film Festival Flix theatrical series monthly film series that enables audiences to interact with filmmakers and actors, as well as in limited release next spring. Film world-premiered at Cannes, where it screened in the Un Certain Regard section. EOne negotiated the deal via its Les Films Séville label.
‘Sarah Prefers To Run’ Sells After Cannes, Outfest Bows
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Oscar’s Best Picture Screwup: The Real Story, As Pricewaterhouse Takes Blame
- ‘Moonlight’ Wins Best Picture Oscar … In A Do-Over – Deadline’s Live Blog
- Oscars Scorecard: Wins By Film & Studio
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight
- Oscars Blows It, Gives Best Picture To Wrong Film; Chaos On Stage As ‘Moonlight’ Wins
- Oscar Winners: Emma Stone, Mahershala Ali & More Take Home The Golden Statue – Photo Gallery