EXCLUSIVE: French Canadian drama Sarah Prefers To Run has been acquired by distribution platform Film Festival Flix following its screening at Outfest. Chloe Robichaud wrote and directed Sophie Desmarais in the story of a college-bound woman who agrees to get married in order to get a grant to afford university and compete in the school’s premier athletic club. Film Festival Flix’s deal covers U.S. rights. The company will open Sarah as part of its Film Festival Flix theatrical series monthly film series that enables audiences to interact with filmmakers and actors, as well as in limited release next spring. Film world-premiered at Cannes, where it screened in the Un Certain Regard section. EOne negotiated the deal via its Les Films Séville label.
‘Sarah Prefers To Run’ Sells After Cannes, Outfest Bows
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Anthony Hopkins Boards Pacific Northwest Thriller 'Go With Me'
- Tom Sizemore Launches Crowdfunding Campaign For Detroit-Set Thriller He'll Star In & Produce
- Toronto: 'Ruth & Alex' Goes To Focus World
- Kate Mara Offered Role In Ridley Scott's 'The Martian'
- Imperative Entertainment, Bastei Lubbe AG Form Joint Media Venture