Sara Rue is set to star opposite Michael Rosenbaum in TV Land’s single-camera comedy pilot Impastor. Written by Christopher Vane, the story centers on a lowlife on the run from his debts (Rosenbaum) who hides away in a small town by conning its residents into thinking he’s their newly hired gay pastor. Vane, Eric and Kim Tannenbaum, Rosenbaum and Robert Greenberg are executive producing with Greenberg directing the pilot. Rue will portray Dora, a local gossip and assistant to the pastor who also is in charge of the Lutheran Church’s Selection Committee — responsible for bringing him to town in the first place. Rue most recently starred on ABC’s Malibu Country. She also recently was seen in the indie film Dorfman In Love. Other credits include multiple-episode arcs on The Big Bang Theory and Two And A Half Men and starring for four seasons on Less Than Perfect. She is repped by APA, Alan David Management, and Nelson Davis Wetzstein.
Sara Rue To Co-Star In TV Land Comedy Pilot ‘Impastor’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'
- Deadline Takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge; Nominates Katzenberg, Soderbergh And Lindelof: Video
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Channing Tatum's Production Shingle Taps Nellie Stevens-Reed As Head Of TV