Monterey Media plans an October theatrical release after acquiring U.S. rights to Jeff Barnaby’s Rhymes For Young Ghouls, which has played Tribeca and was one of the Toronto fest’s top 10 Canadian films of the year. The pic is set on the Red Crow Mi’gMaq reservation in 1976 and centers on an Aboriginal teenager guided by the spirits of her departed mother and brother who plots revenge against a sadistic Indian Agent who runs her school. Devery Jacobs stars. Prospector Films produced through the Canadian Film Centre features program. Entertainment One Films International & Seville International’s Anick Poirier, XYZ Films’ Nate Bolotin and Monterey Media’s Scott Mansfield made the deal.
Monterey Media Acquires Canadian Pic ‘Rhymes For Young Ghouls’
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First