EXCLUSIVE: Relativity has optioned an untitled sci-fi-tinged spec for development from screenwriter Joe Gazzam. It’s the latest score for Gazzam, who sold action-thriller Shadow Run to Sony in February and won the coveted gig writing Cliffhanger for Neal Moritz and StudioCanal in May. I’m hearing the sale came out of a competitive situation and closed this week. The log line is being kept under wraps but project is described as a Man On Fire-type story of a father and son, with a science fiction element. Producers are Alan Gasmer, Peter Jaysen, and Ahmet Zappa along with Devon Schiff. Gazzam is repped by Paradigm and Industry. Relativity’s upcoming slate includes The November Man in August, Nicholas Sparks romance The Best of Me in October, and Beyond the Lights in November.
Relativity Nabs Sci-Fi Spec From ‘Cliffhanger’ Scribe Joe Gazzam
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- XLrator Media, New Artists Alliance Ink 3-Picture Sci-Fi Pact
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette
- Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance 'Amira & Sam'