EXCLUSIVE: Relativity has optioned an untitled sci-fi-tinged spec for development from screenwriter Joe Gazzam. It’s the latest score for Gazzam, who sold action-thriller Shadow Run to Sony in February and won the coveted gig writing Cliffhanger for Neal Moritz and StudioCanal in May. I’m hearing the sale came out of a competitive situation and closed this week. The log line is being kept under wraps but project is described as a Man On Fire-type story of a father and son, with a science fiction element. Producers are Alan Gasmer, Peter Jaysen, and Ahmet Zappa along with Devon Schiff. Gazzam is repped by Paradigm and Industry. Relativity’s upcoming slate includes The November Man in August, Nicholas Sparks romance The Best of Me in October, and Beyond the Lights in November.
Relativity Nabs Sci-Fi Spec From ‘Cliffhanger’ Scribe Joe Gazzam
Trending Now on Deadline
Int'l Box Office Final: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Action In France, Mexico; More
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Yamato
- Bella Thorne Joins Animated 'Underdogs'
- 'Terminator's James Cameron & Gale Anne Hurd: Hasta La Vista To "Fear-Based" Studio Filmmaking
- Misty Upham Found Dead: Family Of 'Frozen River' Actress Says Police Uncooperative In Search – Update
- Management & Prod. Co LEIBO Launches In L.A.
- Paul Schrader Wages Silent Protest Over Re-Edited 'Dying Of The Light'
- Warwick Davis Back For 'Star Wars: Episode VII' – Video