EXCLUSIVE: Relativity has optioned an untitled sci-fi-tinged spec for development from screenwriter Joe Gazzam. It’s the latest score for Gazzam, who sold action-thriller Shadow Run to Sony in February and won the coveted gig writing Cliffhanger for Neal Moritz and StudioCanal in May. I’m hearing the sale came out of a competitive situation and closed this week. The log line is being kept under wraps but project is described as a Man On Fire-type story of a father and son, with a science fiction element. Producers are Alan Gasmer, Peter Jaysen, and Ahmet Zappa along with Devon Schiff. Gazzam is repped by Paradigm and Industry. Relativity’s upcoming slate includes The November Man in August, Nicholas Sparks romance The Best of Me in October, and Beyond the Lights in November.
Relativity Nabs Sci-Fi Spec From ‘Cliffhanger’ Scribe Joe Gazzam
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox Knew About Bill O'Reilly's Big Sexual Harassment Settlement When They Renewed His Contract - Update
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations