The competitive landscape on Wednesday changed last night when NBC’s summer flagship America’s Got Talent relocated its original telecasts there from Tuesdays. In its first outing on the new night, the talent competition series drew a 2.3 in adults 18-49 from 8-10 PM, down just a tenth from its last Tuesday airing. Interestingly, the increased reality competition seemed to boost the other 8 PM unscripted offerings — both CBS’ Big Brother (2.3) and Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance (1.1) were up from last Wednesday by 10%. Big Brother tied AGT as the highest-rated program of the night in 18-49. The arrival of AGT had a major impact on the race at 10 PM. With an original AGT lead-in vs. a repeat previously, NBC’s acquired drama Taxi Brooklyn (1.1) shot up 38% to a series high. That pushed down the other two original dramas in the 10 PM hour. In Week 3, CBS’ Extant (1.1) was down 27% from last Wednesday, while ABC’s Canadian import Motive (0.6) was down 25%. Both series hit lows. NBC won the night in 18-49 (1.9) and total viewers (8.6 million).
RATINGS RAT RACE: ‘America’s Got Talent’ Steady In Move, Boosts ‘Taxi Brooklyn’; ‘Extant’ & ‘Motive’ Fall
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
Latest TV News
- Megyn Kelly Tells Stephen Colbert She Wants To Start Next GOP Debate With “Apology Accepted”
- Will Ferrell Brings Exotic Animals To Stephen Colbert’s Post-Super Bowl ‘Late Show’
- President Obama, Scott Kelly, Chewbacca Help Stephen Colbert Open First Live ‘Late Show’ Post-Super Bowl
- Peter Farrelly Directs CBS All Access Super Bowl Promo
- Jazzed Coldplay, Bruno Mars & Beyonce Harmonize At Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show – Review
- ‘The Good Wife’ To End This Spring After Seven Seasons