After parting company with original star Colin Firth, The Weinstein Co.’s fast-approaching Paddington Bear pic has found a new voice for its furry London-dwelling protagonist. Ben Whishaw has stepped in as the voice of Paddington, starring alongside Nicole Kidman, Jim Broadbent, Peter Capaldi, and Sally Hawkins in the live action/CG big-screen adventure adapted from UK author Michael Bond’s beloved children’s books. King’s Speech Oscar-winner Firth was set to play the CG bear for producer David Heyman and helmer Paul King before his voice was deemed not quite right for the character. His departure was announced last month. The Weinstein Co. releases the pic Christmas Day stateside, but overseas there’s more of a time crunch: Paddington opens in the UK, home base to the Peruvian-born Paddington Bear himself, on November 28.
Bear Necessity: Ben Whishaw To Voice CG ‘Paddington’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Disney: ‘Ant Man And The Wasp’ A Go, ‘Incredibles 2’ Dated & More
- CAA Signs Belgian Writer-Directors Adil El Arbi And Bilall Fallah
- Daniel Craig Says He’s Done With Bond; Is The Search Now On For New 007?
- Paramount Movies To Be Distributed By Toho-Towa In Japan Under New Entity
- Frank Albanese Dies: Tough-Guy Actor In ‘The Sopranos’ & ‘Goodfellas’ Was 84
- Tyler Perry Announces Future Site Of His New Studios