After parting company with original star Colin Firth, The Weinstein Co.’s fast-approaching Paddington Bear pic has found a new voice for its furry London-dwelling protagonist. Ben Whishaw has stepped in as the voice of Paddington, starring alongside Nicole Kidman, Jim Broadbent, Peter Capaldi, and Sally Hawkins in the live action/CG big-screen adventure adapted from UK author Michael Bond’s beloved children’s books. King’s Speech Oscar-winner Firth was set to play the CG bear for producer David Heyman and helmer Paul King before his voice was deemed not quite right for the character. His departure was announced last month. The Weinstein Co. releases the pic Christmas Day stateside, but overseas there’s more of a time crunch: Paddington opens in the UK, home base to the Peruvian-born Paddington Bear himself, on November 28.
Bear Necessity: Ben Whishaw To Voice CG ‘Paddington’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- XLrator Media, New Artists Alliance Ink 3-Picture Sci-Fi Pact
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette
- Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance 'Amira & Sam'