Outcast, the exorcism drama project from The Walking Dead executive producer Robert Kirkman, is moving to a pilot stage at Cinemax. Kirkman made the announcement on Twitter from Comic-Con, where he is with the AMC zombie drama which has its always-popular panel presentation in Hall H. In his pilot writing debut, Kirkman penned Outcast on spec for The Walking Dead international partner Fox International Channels, which developed the project internally before taking it out. Cinemax acquired the script last November. Like The Walking Dead, Outcast too is based on a comic by Kirkman, who will serve as executive producer alongside David Alpert of Circle of Confusion, Sue Naegle, Chris Black, and Sharon Tal Yguado of FIC. The project follows Kyle Barnes, a young man who has been plagued by possession since he was a child. Now an adult, he embarks on a journey to find answers, but what he uncovers could mean the end of life on Earth as we know it.
Robert Kirkman’s Exorcism Drama ‘Outcast’ Gets Pilot Green Light At Cinemax
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
'Disenchantment' Teases First Look At Fantastical Characters In Matt Groening's Very Adult Netflix Animated Series
Latest TV News
- ‘Vera’s On The Case For Season 9; Fox Norway’s Dreyer Adds Sweden Remit – Global Briefs
- ‘SEAL Team’: John Glenn Joins CBS Series As New Showrunner, Two EPs Depart
- ‘The Middle’ Co-Creator On The “Bittersweet” Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
- ‘The Middle’ Series Finale: ABC’s Fond Farewell To America’s Beloved TV Family Is One “Heck Of A Ride”…
- Parents of Slain Teen Trayvon Martin Say The Weinstein Co. Owes Them $150,000
- ‘Roseanne’ Finale: EP Bruce Helford On One Topic They Didn’t Get To Tackle, Season 2 Themes & Who May Be…