NBC loves using its talent competition stalwarts, The Voice and America’s Got Talent, to preview its new shows. This September, the network will air a sneak preview of new crime dramedy The Mysteries of Laura following the season finale of America’s Got Talent on Sept. 17 at 10 PM. The series starring Debra Messing will have its time period premiere the following Wednesday, Sept. 24, at 8 PM. Mysteries of Laura, from Warner Bros. TV, Berlanti Prods. and Kapital Entertainment, is the only light drama among NBC’s new hourlong scripted series for next season and the only procedural, making it a good candidate to air behind the comedic AGT. It stars Messing as Laura Diamond, a brilliant NYPD homicide detective who balances her “Columbo” day job with a crazy family life that includes two unruly twin boys and a soon-to-be ex-husband — also a cop — who just can’t seem to sign the divorce papers.
NBC’s ‘Mysteries Of Laura’ Gets Preview Behind ‘America’s Got Talent’ Finale
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Tracy Katsky Lines Up Six Comedy Sales, Extends Deal With Kapital Entertainment
- TBS Orders 'Wrecked' Deserted Island Comedy Pilot That Echoes 'Lost'
- Peter Jacobson, Alex Neustaedter & Gonzalo Menendez Join USA Pilot 'Colony'
- Mark Gordon Co. To Adapt Novel 'Plus One', Revisit 'True Blue' For ABC
- Elizabeth Banks To Produce & Direct ABC Comedy From Caroline Williams