NBC loves using its talent competition stalwarts, The Voice and America’s Got Talent, to preview its new shows. This September, the network will air a sneak preview of new crime dramedy The Mysteries of Laura following the season finale of America’s Got Talent on Sept. 17 at 10 PM. The series starring Debra Messing will have its time period premiere the following Wednesday, Sept. 24, at 8 PM. Mysteries of Laura, from Warner Bros. TV, Berlanti Prods. and Kapital Entertainment, is the only light drama among NBC’s new hourlong scripted series for next season and the only procedural, making it a good candidate to air behind the comedic AGT. It stars Messing as Laura Diamond, a brilliant NYPD homicide detective who balances her “Columbo” day job with a crazy family life that includes two unruly twin boys and a soon-to-be ex-husband — also a cop — who just can’t seem to sign the divorce papers.
NBC’s ‘Mysteries Of Laura’ Gets Preview Behind ‘America’s Got Talent’ Finale
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'