NBC loves using its talent competition stalwarts, The Voice and America’s Got Talent, to preview its new shows. This September, the network will air a sneak preview of new crime dramedy The Mysteries of Laura following the season finale of America’s Got Talent on Sept. 17 at 10 PM. The series starring Debra Messing will have its time period premiere the following Wednesday, Sept. 24, at 8 PM. Mysteries of Laura, from Warner Bros. TV, Berlanti Prods. and Kapital Entertainment, is the only light drama among NBC’s new hourlong scripted series for next season and the only procedural, making it a good candidate to air behind the comedic AGT. It stars Messing as Laura Diamond, a brilliant NYPD homicide detective who balances her “Columbo” day job with a crazy family life that includes two unruly twin boys and a soon-to-be ex-husband — also a cop — who just can’t seem to sign the divorce papers.
NBC’s ‘Mysteries Of Laura’ Gets Preview Behind ‘America’s Got Talent’ Finale
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive
- Zach Galifianakis & Louis C.K.'s Comedy 'Baskets' Gets FX Series Order