EXCLUSIVE: Having battled the United States as a Soviet sleeper spy on FX’s The Americans, Matthew Rhys has signed up for World War II in the independent feature Darling Buds of May. Directed by Christian Carion, whose 2005 World War I film Joyeux Noel was Oscar nominated for best foreign film, Buds follows Rhys as a stranded British army officer who teams up with a German fugitive to find his son in Nazi-occupied France. Rhys is repped by Management 360 and WME stateside and United Agents in the United Kingdom. He’ll be returning for the third season of The Americans which begins filming this fall.
‘The Americans’ Matthew Rhys Enlists For World War II Duty In ‘Darling Buds of May’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
Latest Film News
- No. 6 ‘Wonder Woman’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- ‘Black Panther’ Tops $1.2B WW & Pushes Disney Past $1B At International Box Office
- Major London Film & TV Studio Moves Ahead After $140M Deal With Pacifica Ventures & MCC
- John Varvatos Has Designs On Film & TV Biz With New Deal
- AT&T And Government Trade Opening Salvos As Antitrust Showdown Begins
- Sean Penn On Acting: “I'm Not In Love With That Anymore"