EXCLUSIVE: Having battled the United States as a Soviet sleeper spy on FX’s The Americans, Matthew Rhys has signed up for World War II in the independent feature Darling Buds of May. Directed by Christian Carion, whose 2005 World War I film Joyeux Noel was Oscar nominated for best foreign film, Buds follows Rhys as a stranded British army officer who teams up with a German fugitive to find his son in Nazi-occupied France. Rhys is repped by Management 360 and WME stateside and United Agents in the United Kingdom. He’ll be returning for the third season of The Americans which begins filming this fall.
‘The Americans’ Matthew Rhys Enlists For World War II Duty In ‘Darling Buds of May’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From D’Alessandro
- Hot Trailer: Kids' Lives In Danger After Rummaging In Stephen Daldry's 'Trash'
- EMMYS: Sarah Silverman On Pot, Nudity & Nazis
- EMMYS: Backstage With The Winners
- Hot Teaser: Watch Out For The Lollipops On 'American Horror Story: Freak Show'
- Close To 200 Hollywood Execs, Stars Sign Statement Against Hamas: Sylvester Stallone, Amy Pascal, Seth Rogen, Richard Plepler…
- Hot Preview: Over 21 Minutes Inside Fox/Warner Bros. TV's 'Gotham'