EXCLUSIVE: Having battled the United States as a Soviet sleeper spy on FX’s The Americans, Matthew Rhys has signed up for World War II in the independent feature Darling Buds of May. Directed by Christian Carion, whose 2005 World War I film Joyeux Noel was Oscar nominated for best foreign film, Buds follows Rhys as a stranded British army officer who teams up with a German fugitive to find his son in Nazi-occupied France. Rhys is repped by Management 360 and WME stateside and United Agents in the United Kingdom. He’ll be returning for the third season of The Americans which begins filming this fall.
‘The Americans’ Matthew Rhys Enlists For World War II Duty In ‘Darling Buds of May’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From D’Alessandro
- 'Taken 3′ Trailer: Liam Neeson Loads, Shoots, Repeats In Threequel
- Pierce Brosnan To Trip Out As Drug Designer In Thriller 'Urge'
- Alex Shipp Brings Aaliyah Back To Life In Lifetime Movie: Hot Teaser
- Bill Hader's Sublime 'SNL' Impressions: Sudeikis, Wiig, Armisen — WATCH
- What Franco & Rogen Will Do To Kill Kim Jong-un In 'The Interview': Hot Trailer