Marvel has introduced its new Avengers: Age Of Ultron baddie in a splashy EW cover spread, which also reveals the superhero sequel’s backstory tweak: Tony Stark creates Ultron to help the Avengers fight crime, only to see the self-aware A.I. bot (James Spader) turn on humanity itself. Here’s the first-look cover image that’s stoking anticipation for more Marvel superhero reveals at next week’s Comic-Con:
Marvel Unveils ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ First Look Ahead Of Comic-Con
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Saturday: 'Guardians' No. 1 All-Star Lord; 'As Above/So Below' Best Of Newbies; 'Cantinflas' Still Strong
More From Yamato
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- XLrator Media, New Artists Alliance Ink 3-Picture Sci-Fi Pact
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette
- Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance 'Amira & Sam'